💠 CHAPTER 36 💠

Start from the beginning

And, silence.

Jk: "You don't have anything to say? Nothing?"

He confusedly asks as he finds the other's reaction unbelievable, unexpected, unknown.

Tae: "No. I don't, I knew it actually." Unfazed, straight faced, Tae responds, only to shock him more than what he already is. He knew it.

How? Since when? Why is he kept in the dark?

Well he knows why he is kept in the darkness. Judging the kind of person tae is, he will hide every truth, endure every pain and do everything to keep his loved ones happy.

The truth, if revealed, would have instantly created hate in his heart. But, is it evitable? Has the hate not appeared even after the truth is hidden?

"You hid it from me."

It wasn't a question. It was a statement that he directed towards Tae. Not angry, but he feels saddened by the fact that tae does so much for his enemies.

"I did." Tae whispers the truth out. Smiling like a child who achieved his first trophy, he continues, "But I am not sorry."Jungkook smiles again, gazing at the hopeless older alpha in front of him. Thanking the heavens for protecting the smile. Not letting it get blemished, ruined and faded. He is grateful.

No one extends the topic. As if both wanted no discussion anymore. A silent understanding is made between them. Tae wants to remain silent and Jungkook respects that.

.
.
.

Tae is to go home today, wrapped in a semi thick blanket, cuddled by Jungkook supported by Jackson. He feels like a newborn baby who doesn't walk, doesn't talk or mostly doesn't understand the worldly matters. He is being guarded to exaggeration.

Jackson listens to the nurses with attention about his medicines, doses, foods to be fed and the ones to be not, the ways to protect himself from any exterior germs viruses. Well, there he goes, overprotective mode on.

Tae: "Say Jungkook, shall I be looking forward to both of you being my babysitter?" He asks the youngest alpha, humor at his finest of capabilities, less, but his limit.

Jk: "Yes." Well, he doesn't expect any more from a person busy with reading his prescription. He sighs out of boredom. They are being extra worried for nothing. Why does it bother the so much? The doctor leaves us.

Nurse: "This medicine is for both night and day. You will " And Jackson halts. The attention of both his closest person is immedeately caught.

Tae glances at Jackson wanting to find the reason of this sudden reaction. Looking around his wandering gaze meets a figure standing a bit further away.

The lady is undoubtedly beautiful. Her eyes curved like that of a phoenix, her smile, angelic, warm, comforting, her whole demeanor, approachable and lovely.

Wearing a doctor's coat, makes her look even more professional and beautiful. If not reading it wrong at such distance, Tae reads it as Dr. Neyoen.

Glancing back at Jackson, he seems speechless, hypnotised by the female conversing with her patients.

A slight poke in his arms by Tae doesn't break his trance, he continues staring, gazing at the other's petite figure.

Minutes pass by as Jackson remains stiff, unmoving, shocked. His face shows scarred shock as the doctor connects there eyes. Probably feeling being looked at, her eyes connect with the male's and she reciprocates the gaze the dominant alpha has been giving.

Tae:"Jackson? What's wrong?" He asks with concern as he now lightly shakes the older.

.
.
.
.
.

His eyes take in the doctor moving to them as Jackson remains unfazed from his earlier condition.

"Mate."

The lady whispers to Jackson as she steps forward, reaching him with an endearing smile, happy from the core, delighted to see the other person in front of her.

Author N-Tk 𐤀