Chapter 40

Jennie was awake and anxious about what was to happen. She could hear the regulated breathing near her slowly disrupt. The body next to her was slightly shuffling, and soon, Jisoo was to wake. She watched with curious eyes as Jisoo scrunched her eyes slightly and attempted to bring her arm to them only for it to remain wrapped around Jennie's body.

Amused, Jennie slowly touched Jisoo's cheek and watched her lips part slightly. She gently held her cheek and watched a smile overtake her wife's lips. With her eyes remaining closed, Jisoo's arms tightened ever so slowly to bring Jennie closer if possible. She let her head drop into the crook of Jennie's neck, taking in the scent that haunted her for so long.

"Morning." Her raspy voice made Jennie clutch her fists around Jisoo's blanket. She felt almost sinful in the way her mood shifted from earlier.

"Good morning." She managed to squeak out a reply. "We should be up."

"Too comfortable." Jisoo only held her slightly tighter without moving further.

"W-What about work? It's already past ten."

"Too late." Jennie huffed at her excuses.

"Jisoo. I have an office to be at and investors to meet with." Jisoo finally blinked her eyes open painfully slowly, trying to prolong the moment.

Brown eyes gazed at her softly when she squinted through the light to start her morning. Although Jennie was slightly glaring at her, the view of her wife's bed head and pouty frown in the morning was too adorable.

"I too have a studio to be at and models to meet with." Jisoo waited a few seconds till the jealousy was obvious on Jennie's face. She dropped her head back onto her.

"So why don't you go meet with them?" Jisoo bit back her smile, feeling Jennie's cheek puff up next to her head. "And make sure to mention that you're married. See if they still stick around!"

"I don't see why that would ever be relevant to the conversation."

"Kim Jisoo!" Jennie's hands pulled Jisoo's face upwards to face her. "You better tell all those models that you're happily married with a wife or-" Jisoo inched closer and pecked Jennie's pout.

Jennie almost faltered but held onto her ground, shaking her head and pushing her wife's face back slightly. Jisoo got up behind Jennie, who was already on her way to the washroom.

She stretched lazily and took her time waking up while watching Jennie, who was comfortably brushing her teeth as if she were in her own space.

The latter was enjoying the attention on her. She was ready to tease Jisoo when she heard a phone ring in the distance. Merely due to her insatiable curiosity, she listened in on the call

"Today? Right now?" Whatever was happening clearly irked her wife. "Can't you take care of it alone? Why do they need me anyway?"

"No, of course I can make it just maybe in an hour or two. I'm with...." Jennie brushed slowly to hear Jisoo's hushed voice. "I'm with Jennie right now, and we woke up together."

She could practically hear the blush in her voice. "I just want to make us breakfast, at least. Just one normal day. It's progress. Please? She's going to leave work soon and you know how hectic it is. I don't even know when I'll see her again."

Jennie tried hard to hinder her laugh at Jisoo's pleading to whoever was on the line. She quickly slipped out to grab herself something from the extra pairs of clothes she had Hanbin bring in the day before. It didn't take her long to freshen up and walk out to see Jisoo sulking on the bed while furiously typing on her phone.