Chapter 5

They drove to the nearest 24-hour internet cafe. Jisoo let them enter the café while she answered a quick call

"How is Jin?" Jennie muttered to Lisa, a bit embarrassed for wanting to know more about him.

"I don't understand what you're asking, Miss Kim." Lisa caught her curiosity.

"The things I've heard weren't the most pleasant." She admitted. "This is the first time we've met and his personality is much different to what I was told. I didn't expect it to be honest."

"My experiences with businessmen have been rather unpleasant. Your boss will be my future partner." Jennie shot Lisa a look of hope. "Please be honest with me."

Jennie's eyes begged Lisa, a hint of sadness covered mostly by curiousity.

"As far as I've known, Jis- Jin has always been mature for his age." Lisa smiled at the memory of her first conversation with a young, teenage Jisoo. "Maybe a bit stubborn and childish too. But I promise he'll treat you well."

Jennie was taken back by Lisa's description. It was nothing like she imagined him or what she had heard of him.

None of this made sense. She can't believe she's in a PC café on the night of her engagement with her fiancé who she was crying about for months.

Nothing has changed. She still doesn't wanna marry him just because he seems like a nice guy. But her heart felt a bit at ease knowing he wasn't the horrible person she had imagined.

They looked at the door when Jisoo arrived holding two bags of food.

"I'm not sure you got to eat at the party." Jisoo gave her a heart fluttering smile. "Lisa and I usually order this, If you don't like it please let me know. I'll get whatever you want."

Accepting the food, Jennie got ready to dig in while Lisa excused them both for a minute.

Jennie found herself wishing he was at least a bit of a jerk so the millions of curses she had spoken in his name for months wouldn't make her feel so guilty. She sluggishly bit into her food, wondering how things will change now.

"One absolutely hot girl and you already folded." Lisa was out of breath from laughing.

"Shut up, it's not like that." Jisoo hid her blush out of embarrassment. "She doesn't want this either and she was clearly uncomfortable so I offered some company."

"She doesn't wanna get married to you but she just accepted your offer to take her out for the night?" Lisa looked at her sideways.

Jisoo recapped everything Jennie had said on the balcony.

"I didn't even expect her to come with me. It sounds like she's also forced into this stupid engagement." Jisoo sighed, feeling bad for both of them. "Some "finding true love" bullshit."

"What's the plan anyway?" Lisa asked, none of this made sense to her. "You play Jin for how long? Until the wedding?"

"The Honeymoon?" She raised her brow suggestively. "I'll totally support that."

"Why? So I can undress and she can see I don't have what she likes and freak out?" Jisoo asked sarcastically. "Or until she feels the binder on my chest and realizes we both have the same body?"

"Boo! Take a joke." Lisa frowned.

"We're here until they find Jin. They'll get him here before the wedding." Jisoo sighed. "Or at least that's what I was promised."

"Are they even looking for him properly? Shouldn't rich people have access to the best methods?"

"They're rich, not smart. I've decided to look for him on my own." Jisoo revealed. "It seems like I have a better chance at finding that asshole than them."