Chapter 33

"Why are we walking?" Jennie huffed out a puff of cold air, glancing over at the river.

"Huh?" Jisoo turned to face her. "It's nice to walk and enjoy scenery. It helps clear your head and lift your spirits."

"Really?" The brunette rolled her eyes. "All I can think is that my legs hurt and it's a waste of time."

"Then should we–"

"Will you carry me?" She pouted at Jisoo with glazing eyes. The sudden turn of attitude was frying Jisoo's brain. She just slowly got on one knee as Jennie climbed onto her back with a  satisfied smile.

"You're right. It's nice to walk and enjoy scenery." Jennie cheekily whispered next to Jisoo's cold ear and watched it turn a brighter red. "How cute."

"Cute?" Jisoo turned her head, the proximity startling the latter on her back.

"The weather. The weather's cute." An excuse quickly exited her mouth. "You can let me down if you can't handle it. I understand if you're too weak." Teasing Jisoo, she attempted to change the topic, afraid that she would blabber something else embarrassing.

"Your small body is very light and I have no trouble carrying you around. This is barely any pain to me." Jisoo blankly stated as she continued to walk. "I can carry you as far as you want me to. You don't have to worry, Miss Kim."

"Jerk." The brunette muttered under her breath. "And it's Mrs. Kim."

"Right." Jisoo awkwardly adjusted her arms holding Jennie.

They continued like that and Jennie slowly tightened her hold on Jisoo. The scent of lavender that she missed for so long, smothered her, rubbing away her own perfume.

"You're rubbing." Jisoo's voice asked Jennie from her dreamy state.

"Hmm?"

"You're rubbing your face into my neck." Jisoo repeated, causing her to turn bright red.

"S-Sorry."

"It's fine. I just said it since it was tickling me slightly and I was scared I'll drop you."

"Oh." Jennie could see the taunting smirk forming on Jisoo's lips.

"You were sniffing me earlier by the way." She remarked. The latter just dipped her head into her neck out of embarrassment. A muffled "Shut up" followed behind.

They walked silently as the cold air hit both their faces, making them more aware of the warmth between them. Even the growing ache in Jisoo's arms felt pleasant as she felt Jennie against her.

That was until the silence forced her mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't." Jisoo's feet came to a stop as her guilt weighed down on her.

"No, I really am sorry. I didn't know what to do. And I thought maybe if I left, it would be like none of it happened. Like I wasn't there at all. I didn't realize that it wouldn't undo what I've already done."

Jennie didn't respond. Instead, the raven felt her neck being tightened and wondered if Jennie really did come back for revenge

"I get that you're angry but choking me with your arms will hurt the both of us."

"I didn't mean to. I'm just…" Jennie closed her eyes as she continued to hide into Jisoo. "I'm just scared if I don't hold on to you, you'll disappear again."

With those words, Jisoo felt her heart shatter knowing she had put herself through it all for nothing thinking it will help Jennie when all it did was break her.