Chapter 17

Jisoo internally groaned. It's like every time she found some alone time with Jennie, someone decided to interrupt it. And always someone irritating.

"Actually, Soyeon, He's my fia-"

"Oh. He's that Kim heir!" Jisoo offered her hand but was quickly pulled in for a hug much to her discomfort.

Jisoo sustained her posture, stumbling back, she looked to see Jennie clenching her jaw at the action. The much younger girl in front of them didn't seem to notice. Or maybe she simply didn't care.

Whatever the reason it was, Jisoo was annoyed and irritated by her impulsive action and constantly cutting Jennie off in the middle of her words.

"I heard Jennie unnie went on the business trip with you." A slight condescending tone.

"Technically, I went with Jen. It was her trip, I just tagged along." Jisoo placed her hand back in Jennie's, feeling the girl's strong clutch on her. "I was really of no help when she was perfectly fine alone."

"That's not true. If it wasn't for y-"

"Yeah." A fake giggle left the younger girl's mouth. Jisoo winced when she felt her hand hit her shoulder. "You shouldn't give Jennie all the cred...."

The words died in her mouth with Jisoo's intense glare placed on her. She grew quiet and Jisoo still didn't replace the irritated look in her eyes.

The atmosphere quickly grew awkward. Putting her hand on Jennie's shoulder, Jisoo used the softest tone possible in her deep voice.

"Continue."

"I..."

"I should go." A tight-lipped smile was the last thing seen on Soyeon's face before she departed from the couple.

Irene, who watched all this transpire with a smile, walked up to them, making Jisoo curse in her mind.

"It's getting pretty late." Jennie nodded, seeing the moonlight shine through the windows. "I think it's time for you to leave."

Jisoo didn't want to but the older one was right. Plus, she didn't want Jennie's parents to see her right now.

"I guess I'll see you soon." A tender smile painted on her face, she bid goodby to Jennie

"Where are you going alone? Take Jennie with you." The couple looked at Irene in disbelief.

"Unnie?"

"T-Take Jennie w-with me w-where?" Jisoo gulped her dry throat.

"Home." She said as if it was the most obvious thing. "This party will last a while and I don't think my sister will enjoy her stay here. I can see you don't want to leave her either." An exaggerated simper aimed at Jisoo. "I'll tell them Rosie picked her up."

With Irene's help, the two discarded the place without being noticed. The sister even offered to stay with them while they wait for their ride.

Jisoo was on the phone when Irene pulled Jennie aside to speak to her. Still as composed but something made her eyes look clear for once.

"You like him?" Jennie nodded under her sister's tense look. "So I wouldn't have to stop this wedding?"

"I told you that wasn't necessary already." Irene was always a good sister. She bore the effect of having their parents live through her, thinking it would put less stress on her younger sister.

Not showing her struggle to always be on her best and putting herself to be the trophy so Jennie could be treated as the regular daughter. She didn't realize how that itself pushed her parents away from her.