Chapter 35

"That's not it." Jisoo watched as Jennie stumbled for words. She knew too well that wasn't the end of what happened but Jennie refuses to speak further.

"What?"

"That's not the end of it. I know it isn't." Her eyes searched for Jennie's. "Your eyes are nowhere near mine." Jennie stood up to walk away.

"I don't know what more you want to hear! I just told you what you wanted." Jisoo pulled her back with enough force to make her sit once again.

"No." Her hands trapped Jennie between her body. "You're not telling me everything. I want to hear it all, Jennie. Please." She pleaded softly.

"I'll cry." Her whisper struck at Jisoo. "You'll blame yourself. I don't want to relive it. I don't want to remember how it was without you."

"I'm here. I'll be here." Jisoo reassured her. "I don't want to see you cry but I can't be without knowing what happened. My brain's racking for answers and without them, I'll only blame myself more."

"So please….please trust me enough to tell me, Jennie."

The raven watched as Jennie's chest rose heavily to deflate slowly. A gulp traveled down her throat before she spoke again.

••••••••••••••••

Jennie woke up to loud voices. Her head rang as arguments seemed to ensue outside the door. The clock on the wall showed it had only been a few hours. The night was over and the morning had barely begun.

Her sense of reality was slipping from her. She hoped this was just a terrible dream that she had made up in her messed up head and her Jin would be waiting for her on the other side of the door.

But the voices on the other side burst her bubble of thoughts. The pounding on the door left Jennie shaking and the desperation in Chaeyoung's voice that begged the man to leave was more than a wake up call.

Jennie shook her head desperately as she covered her ears. Her body dragged itself slowly into a corner as she chanted for them to leave her alone.

The room was getting colder while her body was heating up inside. The voices outside halt to a stop. Jennie's eyes finally found the courage to slowly open up in hopes she wasn't back in the same room.

She was. Everything was the same. But her eyes caught a glimpse of something new. Maybe not everything was the same.

There was a piece of paper on that glistened as the light from the rising sun hit it through the slit between the blinds.

Jennie knew what it was. How could she not? Her name was boldly printed across the paper. The emotions of anger and betrayal reached her senses in no time.

Slowly bringing herself to stand, Jennie limped over and picked up the marriage certificate. Clutching it with her hands, she attempted to Rio it apart unsuccessfully. Though, it wasn't giving in, it didn't stop her tries. That was until she caught a glimpse of the other name.

Her teardrop stained the other name beside it. Kim Jisoo. She was quick to scramble to wipe away the water on the name with the pads of her fingers. That was all she needed to read. That was who needed to be here. In no time, Jennie was crumbled to her knees.

In the cold of the dawn and silence that followed, Jennie's wails were heard as she clutched the certificate to her chest and let out her pain.

She could hear Jin apologising on the other side. Fighting to get his sister forgiven but Jennie wasn't sure. How could she forgive someone that had stolen her heart and ran away without a word?