Chapter 39

It didn't take long for the raven to casually walk out, only to quicken her pace slowly and practically run when she saw security had reached the floor. She continued her run until she saw sure they couldn't find her lost in the crowd, across the street. Jisoo kept walking and panting until she spotted a concrete barrier she could take a seat on to catch her breath.

"May I sit here, please?" Jisoo was still panting at the ground when she saw feet in front of her. She turned slightly up to see a finger printed towards her.

"That's my lap."

"That doesn't answer my question, Jisoo." Immediately looking up, she saw Jennie smirking at her with a glint in her eyes. "I see you didn't get caught."

"You're here." Jisoo quickly composed herself to hide the excitement in her voice which didn't go unnoticed. She looked around to see no one else behind her. "Where's Mino? Is he waiting somewhere?"

"No. He's on his way home, I suppose." Jennie shrugged, making her way to sit on Jisoo's lap.

"What- He- Home-" The raven paused to compose herself once again. Jennie bit back her giggle at her blushing ears. "How are you getting home?"

"Ha! Just wait!" Jennie excitedly bounced, reaching into her classic Chanel bag. The raven eagerly watched her pull out a tiny black card and push it into her face.

Jisoo squinted to see a familiar logo. "Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes! I went in today with Rosie to get one!" Jennie was beaming at her. "I thought it was only for the bus but the cashier told me I could use it on the trains and streetcars!"

Jisoo didn't understand why a girl with a personal chauffeur would get a card for public transportation but she swooned at Jennie's excitement to show her such a small thing as if it was that significant.

"Show me yours." Jisoo tapped her pocket and found her wallet to hand to her.

Jennie quickly searched through and pulled out Jisoo's own. The raven watched as Jennie racked through her bag for something to then turn away from her with her card. All while she stayed on Jisoo. Amused, she pushed Jennie's hair to the side and pulled herself closer to rest her head on her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't look!" Jennie tried pushing her face away unsuccessfully. "Close your eyes!" Jisoo obeyed, closing her eyes but refused to move. It was too sunny and the air was uncomfortably humid yet she liked the warmth.

"Okay, open." She opened her eyes to see her card decorated with stickers. It looked somewhat childish yet she loved it. "We're matching." She showed her own card loaded with stickers.

"We are." Jisoo couldn't stop gazing at Jennie's smile. "Aren't you mad at me?" She saw the girl bite her bottom lip and throw in something resembling a frown.

"Trust me, I am. You were hours late and even left me with some guy to take me home. Most importantly, you let some girl answer your phone!"

"I didn't know."

"You should've! Ugh! I was so upset the entire day! Then you finally show up hours later telling me you practically ran here and didn't even know. On top of that, you were getting chased by security which I couldn't figure out why-"

"I jumped over the staff entrance, alerting their team. Since you didn't want to see me, they wouldn't let me in and I heard Mino's name so..." Jennie gasped, secretly enjoying Jisoo's disgruntled grumble.

"You couldn't just tell them who you were? I thought you sent me an Uber after hours of waiting for you. Do you understand how angry I was? What was I supposed to do?" Jisoo lowered her head guiltily into her shoulder.