Chapter 6: A Killer In The Midst

The Verdicci Cemetery, Verdicci Sicily, Italy....(1653)

     Thick clouds of the deepest gray loomed over the sorrow-stricken citizens of Verdicci Italy as the rather mournful Sergio Accardi wept standing before his late wife Antonia's soon-to-be grave as her lovely body was laid to rest in an ivory casket as he stood with their children and sons Vincenzo and Athan Accardi who had not spoken to one another since their mother's mutilated body had been found at the old church along with other patrons and the clerical staff. The most devastating occurrence to hit the province since the dead false priest's body and deeds had been uncovered, The now dead Gregory had been found with his rotund body mutilated and his cock cut off as blood pooled around his naked form and he reeked of urine and bile as he slowly succumbed to his grievous wounds. The citizens had been in a state of relative shock to find him and most of his clergy slain along with the late Mrs. Antonia Accardi wife of their governor Sergio who had been severely grief-stricken in the wake of the terrible news.

Vincenzo had been there for his father as best he could be but it was still he that had caused his loving patriarch the grief he'd been experiencing. He had taken the opportunity to see to it that his mother paid for her careless mistake of bringing her sons into the seedy wolf's clutches in the first place and Athan had known all too well that the brother he had known and loved for all those previous years had become something else, something dangerous and dark to the point of unrecognition.

He wanted no part of him nor his recently unearthed cruelty.

Athan stood watching as they lowered his mother's body into the cold hard ground and glared rather murderously at his elder brother knowing full well that it was he in the wake of his bloodlust against the false priest that had taken her life as recompense.

Vincenzo's dark eyes had glared back at Athan his expression one of whimsical charm as he noted the stiffness of his baby brother's balled fists and how he had been enraged at the prospect of him having killed their mother. It seemed to amuse Vincenzo to no end as he finished standing by his ailing father's side and eventually followed his baby brother toward a nearby group of trees for a private chat once the ceremony had come to an end.

It had been a rather eerie time with the howling of the winds and the cool drops that had cascaded down amid those foolish enough to stand beneath them. Vincenzo did not seem to have a care in the world given his heinous acts and relative cruelty. It was so unnerving how he casually attended the funeral of those he had brutally murdered that night as if it were the easiest thing in the world.

"Vai da qualche parte, fratellino?" asked Vincenzo with a smirk.

Athan narrowed his eyes at his elder brother. Vincenzo had been a sight with his towering height and larger more broad chest and shoulders with his black suit similar to the very suit that his younger brother Athan had worn draped over his body. He'd been the spitting image of Verdicci's Governor Sergio Accardi himself right down to the long dark brown hair and handsome jawline.

He had been both charming and intimidating on any given day but to know and to recall the monster that resided within him and that it had harmed their dear sweet mother, stealing her life as if she'd been a mere plaything to discard when done. Athan's fury had been at its boiling point and he could not help but launch himself at his vile elder brother knocking them both to the ground and beating Vincenzo as the elder Accardi laughed and noted the rather volatile temperament of his young sibling.

In all the years of their torment, Athan had never resorted to violence nor had he ever lashed out. Now with their mother's death, he'd become a lot more expressive, his efforts had been in vain as Vincenzo was far superior in strength and size when compared to him. The rather sly elder brother of the rage-induced lad easily turned the tables by grabbing Athan's rather impressive cock through his trousers and squeezing it hard making Athan groan in agony as Vincenzo smirked pinning him to the ground as he glared murdered at his younger brother.

"Carattere, carattere, fratellino, non credi che, se posso uccidere nostra madre con tanta facilità, cosa mi impedirà di uccidere un altro membro della famiglia se lo desidero?" asked Vincenzo with an arched brow as he continued to squeeze Athan's cock through his trousers and pin him amid the cold wet ground beneath the row of trees that hid them from the view of others. ""Sarai sempre schiavo del tuo gallo ribelle, e io sarò sempre molti passi avanti a te... lascia andare tutto questo adesso e potresti ancora vivere fino a vedere il tuo trentesimo compleanno, incrociami e sarai sepolto qui e ora accanto alla nostra cara madre e unisciti a lei nel sonno della morte."

"Vaffanculo assassino, un giorno ti vedrò impiccato per quello che hai fatto a mamma, e quel giorno brinderò volentieri all'uomo che ha ordinato la tua esecuzione." replied Athan with a murderous glare of his own behind his dark hazel eyes.

Vincenzo smirked and released his baby brother as he stood back up on his feet.

"Vedremo, Fratelli," he said before taking his leave of the enraged and humiliated Athan who scrambled to his feet as he found himself pelted by more and more of the heavy drops as they cascaded down from the bloated grey clouds that loomed high above them.

With a sore cock, and an injured pride, Athan had resolved himself to limit his contact with his murderous elder brother as possible. He had not trusted him in the least but knew firsthand that no one would believe the darling of Verdicci would be capable of cold-blooded murder and he knew that should he make a move against him, their father would no doubt suffer the consequences of his any attempt at betraying Vincenzo by reporting his heinous crimes to the proper authorities.

Just like when he'd been forced to keep silent about the wolf in sheep's clothing that pretended to be a man of the cloth, Athan found himself relegated to silence once more if only to keep anything from happening to his already ailing father. He vowed that once their father had been dead and gone Vincenzo would remain his most hated enemy and on that day he would put a stop to him and his sickness before it spread any further.

He vowed that he'd get vengeance against his elder brother for his slain mother one way or another.