Chapter 3: A Poison Of The Soul

The Gardens, The Accardi Villa Estate, Verdicci, Sicily, Italy....(1647)

     Silence had been the only sound in the vast and lovely garden as young Athan Accardi sat amid the numerous flowers. He had not seemed in the least interested in the world the way he'd been before he visited the twisted priest and it had concerned his parents to no end that he'd been so withdrawn. The sweet smiling boy they had known and loved ever since he'd been born had been long gone and given to active frowns and soulless dull eyes as he sat amid the sweet fragrance of various orchids. The horrors of his mother's pious plight and insistence on sending her sons to the lair of the wolf in sheep's clothing known as Father Gregory had taken quite a toll on both young Athan and the increasingly embittered Vincenzo. Both brothers seemed to handle the prospect of their violation and robbed innocence differently. Vincenzo had become embittered and severe in his personality not at all approachable unless business was to be conducted or he'd been in a position to want or need something. He had been quite polite and diplomatic, but there had been something off about his personality and he'd been less than social when he didn't need to be.

Athan had known about the shift in Vincenzo about as much as Vincenzo had known about the shift in Athan but both kept quiet about it, never mentioning the false priest and his sick twisted appetites when it came to young boys. Vincenzo had been his first victim when it came to anyone from the Accardi bloodline, beaten and strapped to a wooden board while the bastard in false robes taunted and jeered reminding him that he'd been a "bad child" so that no one would believe him and that only twisted priest could "purge the devil" from the wayward noble boy by way of his harsh hand and his child seeking cock.

Vincenzo had suffered at the hands of his wolf in sheep's clothing since he too had been the tender age of six years old and now the twisted false teacher had set his sights on young Athan, a beautiful innocent boy and younger brother to Vincenzo. Like Vincenzo, Athan had been privy to the madman's bedchambers, the thick wooden board with holes made for locking small arms and a neck in place as if one had been given to the stalks but made for children, particularly young male children that had caught the leering false teacher's eye due to money, or status, or even beauty.

Athan Accardi had been one of the most beautiful children that had ever come into the world, his long raven-colored locks, hazel eyes, and pale skin had been an ideal beacon for the pervert's eye, and his small size and sweet smile were even more of a lure. It was an experience that no child should have had to endure let alone one as sweet and good-natured as young Athan, who had barely come into the world as it was.

He couldn't forget the stench of the so-called priest, the thick scent of bourbon on his rancid breath as he kissed Athan's little cheek, Athan froze in confusion as he stood knowing only darkness as a result of the blindfold that covered his face and the soft fabric of the so-called man of the cloth's robes as they brushed against him. Large questing hands moved along his small bare body as he stood unsure of what to make of the wet sensation on the end of his tiny cock nor what the stranger had in store for him as he tried his best to keep in his panic.

Vincenzo had been so far away and yet he had thought that if he could get to him, get to his elder brother all would be well. Sadly his brother and the thick black door that held him in this strange place where his blindfold had been his only comfort had been so far away as he stood frozen in fear for the first time in his young life and unsure of the strange urges that filled his body as his mind exploded with the sensation of carnal knowledge as the wetness continued to envelop his boyish cock.

He wanted it to stop, wanted to get away far away. Still, hee didn't know how nor what direction to run in, and as a result he found himself given to whatever the foul priest had in store for him until it suddenly stopped. Hee was once more behind the thick black door along and dressed with his mind swimming in agony and confusion as his tense little body moved as if of its own accord desperate to find the one person, the only person he had known to be safe.

Hot tears streamed down the cheeks of young Athan as the shock of the event weighed heavily upon him until his weary tear tear-stained eyes caught sight of the frantic Vincenzo who appeared to have been searching all over for him. The look of sadness and knowing that filed across Vincenzo's pale face had been all the indication that Athan's now keen young mind needed to know that he had also succumbed to the twisted whims of the filthy false priest and as a result, he had been the only one who had understood the shift in Athan's formerly sociable persona.

AAt present Athan simply stood in the garden staring at the flowers that had once brought him joy, noting their fleeting beauty and the rot left behind in the wake of their vile trampling from some outside animal. He felt the heaviness of loss in terms of his innocence as short-lived as the orchids surrounding him in his mother's lovely garden.

His young head had been filled with confusion and his heart filled to bursting with anger as he stood with his fists balled and the memory of that terrible event, one he had known all too well would be repeated as both his and his elder brother's protests to avoid the false priest had fallen on deaf ears while they had been reported as "bad" to their parents and their pious driven had been of the mind to comply with the will of the false church to correct their bad behavior.

A skillful lie, but a lie nonetheless as ever Athan had heard one. For he knew better than to raise his voice against the false church, at least without proof of the twisted things that had gone on behind closed doors under the guise of worship and salvation. The wolf had been rather cunning, like the beast in Athan's child stories but he and Vincenzo had been determined to find a way to put an end to it once and for all.

Vengeance had been all-consuming for Vincenzo, who had suffered a most egregious humiliation on the part of the false priest and now it had been all that had been on the forefront of his mind as he moved about sly and slick amid the shadows of societal norms all the more determined to put an end to the false priest.

The handsome charming young lad had been seemingly obsessed with the day when he'd have his due, and Athan's as well.