Chapter 49- Rock

Začať od začiatku

"And the arms." I say, setting my rock on the ground and giggling. 

"Ready? Three, two, one, go!" Damien and I begin running to catch up with the group, our rocks being kicked beneath our feet every chance we get. 

The Daryl and Michonne have stopped and are looking at something in Daryl's hand. Damien and I continue to run and kick our rocks to get to them faster. 

Daryl's looking at a rock in his hand, same with Michonne. Damien and I pass Tyreese and Bob, narrowly avoiding them with our rocks. 

I don't hear the beginning of the conversation, but I hear enough of it to hear Daryl say, "Mrs. Richards when into A block, when we were leavin'. Asked me to keep a lookout. Imma' use it for her old man's marker." 

Awh.

I smile and look at Damien, "He's cute." I whisper, quickly kicking my rock to avoid it going into the woods. 

"You know all them back there?" Michonne asks. "You stay in a place more than a couple hours, you pick some things up." 

Ooh.

Michonne looks at Damien and I as she begins walking again. Damien and I look at each other, we both hate long silences. 

"Wanna play Rock Kick?" I ask Michonne, picking up the pace so I walk with her. My new foot bends but not on my comand, if it comes off the ground it bends so it's pretty difficult to keep the rock in check. Michonne's foot catches the rock before it goes off the road and she kicks it back to me. 

"No thanks, I like to act my age." She says with a smile. "Dick-weed." I smirk, rolling my eyes. I look back to make sure Damien didn't see her help me, and he didn't, so I continue kicking the rock. 

After a few hours, both of our rocks still between our feet, we finally make it to an overgrown gas station. "Think they have Pringles?" I ask Damien. "Is that all you eat?" He scoffs, blocking his rock from being kicked too far with his foot and rolling it back to him before kicking it again. 

"Pretty much." I say, dragging out the "pretty". 

Daryl approaches a huge cluster of vines. "See anything?" Bob asks, walking up to a different wall. "I don't know. Maybe." He moves a few of the vines and reveals a car door. 

"Sick." I mumble. 

He cuts the vines off the door and climbs in, trying to hotwire it. 

The car is a grey, slightly rusty minivan. 

Bob and Tyreese pull the vines off the car while Damien and I kick our rocks from foot to foot while standing in one spot. 

Michonne looks at us like we're insane. "What?" Damien asks, smiling. "You guys are toddlers." "No. We just know how to have fun. You probably play...I Spy in your free time." I say, crossing my arms and pouting like a kid. I drop my arms with a laugh, Damien's laugh melding with mine. 

Michonne pretends to be offended, "I'm not that old." I giggle, "You act like it." 

She hesitates before grabbing a rock and setting it between her feet. "You're on." "Yeah!" Damien and I celebrate, high fiving. 

Daryl groans in frustration and climbs out of the car. "We gotta find us a new battery." He says, closing the car door. He sighs and tries to look through the dust window of the gas station behind him, but he's denied access when he jumps back as a Walker slams its hands on the window. 

"Got some friends inside." He says, backing up. "Come on." He picks up his crossbow and leads us to the front of the gas station building. I can't even see the doors as the vines on the front are so think that Tyreese probably can't even get through.