[ A soft but heart-warming embrace ]

The sound of rustling and shifting stirred Lance out of his peaceful slumber, lazy sunshine filtering through the curtains warming the room in a soft cacoon of comfort. Lance reached over for his phone looking at the time as he switched it on. 8:34. It wasn't too bad.

Lance looked beside him to see porcelain pale skin and a mane of ruffling jet-black hair that seemed to be going in every which direction but seeing his Lover move uncomfortably in his sleep caused Lance to lean over to his Lover to settle his constant uneasy shifting that twisted and tangled the duvet.

His caramel-colored hand softly reached up to caress and stroke across his Lover's pale cheek, the gold ring that was on his wedding finger glistened in the lighting of the cozy room. Lance then caressed the reminiscent scar that was across his Lover's cheek, his thumb stroking over it in a feather-like touch feeling how the texture was rougher than his velvet-soft skin. His eyes trailed to his Lover's closed eyes, how they seemed so delicate and his lips looked slightly chapped but the pale pink fitting with his pale skin.

A pair of lidded, stormy ash-grey eyes looked up at him. Lance ever so gently pressed a tender kiss to his lover's forehead after brushing a few stray bits of jet-black hair out of the way. "Mnm...mornin'.." His lover's groggy voice spoke adding to the harmonic chirps and wistful sounds of the birds singing.

"Morning, Love," Lance whispered hand reaching up to brush through and indulge in his lover's beautiful locks. (Lance had been making sure his lover had been using the shampoo and conditioner he could possibly find. He wanted to make sure his Lover was treated like a princess.) His lover leaned into the touch of Lance combing through his hair. "...whas'...the..time...?" His lover asked in a muzzy tone, he still looked exhausted from his previous mission (which was around 4 weeks long). It was like words were heavy and draining to use for him.

Lance would ponder what to say for a moment his hand never halting or pausing as he kept fondling his Lover's hair. "It's still very early, Love. Go back to sleep," Lance murmured to his Lover. Lance slid down to caress the right side of his face as his thumb started to run soothing circles once more, in which began to lull his Lover into a content sleep. He already knew how tired his Lover was. Lance guessed he would be asleep in a matter of moments.

He shifted closer to his Lover once he heard soft snores from him so he could wrap his arm around his Lover's middle while resting his head on his other free arm tenderly. Lance's eyes slowly fluttered shut and he fell asleep embracing his lover.

Lance felt like a very, very blessed man that morning.