[ First Burn ]

Plot: Lance got drunk and made out with Allura at a party, Keith was looking for him and saw them. Shocked keith ran away keith had been ignoring lance and he had no idea why, Keith is currently staring at a fire sitting on the sofa. 

( Based on the song's first burn, from the hamilton musical. lyrics used in the writing! )

˚.˚ .˚ . ˚

Keith stared at the burning embers, a million thoughts rushing through his head.

The door opened and slowly closed, Lance walked over and sat next to him placing a hand on keith's leg. His touch was gentle.

ʻʻKeith! Please talk to me! what have I done wrong!ʼʼ Lance pleaded his eyes full of pain.

Keith pushed his hands off slowly ʻʻI saved every letter you wrote me... ʼʼ Keith spoke, his tone low and quiet, the old crumbled sheets in his hands.

ʻʻThe moment I saw you...I knew you were mine...I thought you were mine.ʼʼ He added bitterly, looking away.

He abruptly stood up, glaring at the floor with pure and utter rage ʻʻKeith I-ʼʼ Lance started but Keith cut him off.

ʻʻDo you know what Shiro said when I told him what you'd done?  he said You have married an Icarus he has flown too close to the sunʼʼ Keith said his tone breaking slightly, Lance could see the tears shining over his eyes.

Lance stood up reaching a hand out to grab his shoulder, Keith pushed the hand away. Lance flinched back in surprise.

Keith took another step forward, his back to lance.

ʻʻDont take another step in my direction. ʼʼ Keith snapped ʻʻI can't be trusted around you.ʼʼ

Lance's eyes widened ʻʻBut...Keith, you can...ʼʼ Lance whispered his voice broken and hurt.

ʻʻDont think you can talk your way into my arms...into my arms.ʼʼ he repeated quietly, Holding the piece of paper tighter, crinkling it further. 

Lance stood there, trying to form the correct words to apologize. The memory of kissing allure flooded over him again like hot cement trapping him tightly.

Keith moved closer to the fire, ʻʻI'm burning the letters you wrote me...ʼʼ he mumbled bitterly, throwing two letters Lance had written him into the fire. They quickly burned into grey feathery ashes.

ʻʻYou can stand over there if you want I don't know who you are ... I have so much to learn..ʼʼ Keith chocked out, tears rolling down his cheek slowly.

 Lance tried to reach out to him again but hesitated he closed his hand back into a fist letting his hand fall to his side.

ʻʻAnd watching them burn, you published the letters she wrote to you. You told the whole world How you brought this girl into our bed, In clearing your name, you have ruined our lives!ʼʼ Keith yelled, Lance flinched.

Keith spun around, his face blotchy and red from crying. Lance looked at him opening his mouth to speak ʻʻk-Keith... I-I really am sorry-...I was drunk...ʼʼ Lance stuttered, fumbling over his shaky words.

ʻʻHeaven forbid someone whispers ʻHe's part of some schemeʼ Your enemy whispers so you have to scream!ʼʼ Keith fumed poking lances chest with one finger, Lance moved back silently unable to form words. 

Lance regretted ever kissing Allura. he hurt keith. Tears sparkled over his eyes. ʻʻ I know about whispers...I've seen how you look at Allura. ʼʼ he stated, his tone faltering.

Lance's eyes widened ʻʻKeith...It was just one-ʼʼ keith once again stopped him mid-sentence.

ʻʻDont. I'm not naive I have seen Allura around you...ʼʼ He remarked coldly, circling lance slowly. 

His gaze is on Lance's blue ocean eyes, and more tears gloss over his abyss eyes. 

ʻʻThink I don't see how they fall for your charms. All your charms. I'm erasing myself from the narrative Let future space cadets wonder how Keith reacted when you broke his heart. You have thrown it all away!! ʼʼ

Keith turned away, grabbing the remaining torn and crumbled letters. ʻʻStand back, watch it burn....just watch it all burn ʼʼ Keith said his voice trailed off and Lance closed his eyes.

..... 

Lance opened his eyes breathing heavily, he blinked away the sleep from his eyes. Cold sweat glided down his forehead. 

Lance sat up, he looked over next to him and saw Keith. Sleeping bashfully, his face relaxed and content his hair draped across his face. Lance curled himself around keith.

He calmed his breathing taking in keiths sweet strawberry-like scent. ʻI'll never cheat on you keith...not in a million years...ʼ

Lance closed his eyes slowly, drifting back into a peaceful dream state.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

✎: A/N

Think my fingers are dead-

That was a lot to write- and the odd thing is I was vibing to happy songs writing this-- so this should have been happy but I couldn't bring myself to make it all angsty :P

Farewell!

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚