𝟏𝟏

["Some days, you're the best thing in my life. Sometimes, when I look at you, I see my wife."]

I felt the first rays of the sun burn my bare back. Slowly, with each touch of warmth, I felt intrigued.

I haven't felt my body this relaxed in a long time.

Moving myself from my current position, I felt the blanket crumple and wrap around my lower body. As my eyes were shut, I still could feel her presence, her heat rising next to me.

I touched her, gently caressing her leg and making it cringe at my touch. Her little sighs made me smile as light escaped to my closed eyelids.

"Love," I murmured, closing the space between us by placing my face between her chest. Her skin tickled my cheeks and left worshiping kisses along the line of her bare.

"Good morning." A voice whispered next to my ear and in the same instant my body was inches away from hers.

Only this wasn't her, and my body froze at the very sight of the woman next to me.

It wasn't a dream last night, it was reality, only this is now a pure nightmare.

As I tried to escape, my leg got entangled in the bed sheet making my body slide down the bed, leaving a loud thud with it.

"Are you okay, Aaron?" Calia's voice called me through a little laugh. "You need help?"

I feel so dirty. The sinking feeling in my chest is the same as the spasms I feel in my stomach, making me almost roll on the floor in rage and torment at the same time.

As I tried to stand up my hand found a piece of cloth forcing me to rotate and observe a series of blankets and the rest of the clothes scattered around the room together with shattered glass near my bed.

Trying to get to my feet I felt limp, the alcohol still coursing through my veins and playing with my mind.

"Redd." My voice is weak and thick like shattered glass. "What the fuck happened here? What is this with all these clothes?" It was supposed to sound like a command, like an order, but it just came out like a poor plea.

Calia's body moved slightly. I had to look past her as the bed sheets around her were sliding down her body almost revealing her.

"Oh, that." For the first time, I see Calia blush. She tried to hide her pink cheeks but was unfulfilled. "We had sex. More than once." With assurance, she uttered the final sentence almost fiercely.

I massaged my template, rage surged within me, coursing through my bones and every fiber of my being, until it erupted from my mouth. "Can't you see what we've done?!" What I've done.

She didn't flinch at my raised tone, what's more, she smiled widely wrapping the sheet tightly around herself and making her curves visible. "We don't have to tell others. I don't think anyone cares who are we fucking."

My blood boiled as if on a fire ready to burn everything around me. "Fuck Calia, what were you thinking!?"

She scoffed standing from the bed. "What were you thinking? You were the one who took me and threw me onto the bed without a single word." Her old voice came back strong and determined, but something about it didn't tell me everything. She didn't tell me everything.

I couldn't remember Redd being in any of my memories last night. No, I can't remember her being here, but the disgusting truth was standing right in front of me.

"No." I tried to deny it, but the wet spots on my bed were enough evidence.

"Face it, Aaron." Her voice startled me. "We did what we did and you can't deny that you enjoyed this as much as I did."