𝟎𝟒

["My darling disappeared without a trace."]

That night I stayed longer than usual. Visiting her at her grave–her new home, the one where I'm not. I let that feeling sink when I entered my house, and then in the room that held so many memories that I was afraid to unlock.

I prepared myself to be greeted by darkness and eeriness around me as I walked in, but instead, I heard the sounds and tones of a piano.

Soft music drifted from the middle of the room drawing me into its magic as I drew closer and closer.

It's like something is fucking with my mind, pulling out strings that lead me to a familiar sound and the person who initiated them.

Calia sat quietly in the chair, moving elegantly her hands. Her eyes are closed as she runs her fingers over the keys.

She must have felt someone watching her as she quickly stopped, turning her head towards me. Her dark blue eyes appeared on this night like two burning diamonds as the yarns fell down her shoulder.

She looked like a fallen angel.

"My apologies, boss. I thought you wouldn't be home yet. I didn't mean to wake you up by any chance." She said, her voice calm and confident as she lifted herself from the chair. "I'll go if you want me to."

"No." I cut her off before she could take another step. "Stay." With my hand, I motioned for her to sit back which she did without hesitation.

"What's the name of the piece you played?" I asked, feeling my voice vibrate at the memory.

"Kalinka. It's a Russian song as much as I know." She answered and just then, I felt my body weight and burden on my back.

I closed my eyes for a moment, my mind went somewhere I didn't want to.

Her body slowly descended towards mine, and soon I could feel her lightweight on me as she tried to adjust.

I breathe in the smell of her perfume, her hair fluttering a little. The warmth of her body inclined against me, evoking shudders down my veins.

I placed one of my hands on her leg and the other around her waist, not wanting her to move even a millimeter from me.

She breathed out, a little sound escaped her lips and I kissed her neck, losing myself.

"For God's sake Marinka, you make a man want to do some very bad thing," I whispered in her ear, our fingers tangled on the white and black keys, as if making music of our own wasn't enough.

"Aaron." She moaned and I beheld her eyes.

"Aaron." She laughed and I glimpsed her lips.

"Aaron." She cried and I watched her bleeding.

"Aaron."

"Aaron?"

"Aaron!"

"Aaron, is everything okay?" I snapped my eyes open, finding myself in a sweat. Caila had her arms around my shoulders as she slowly lowered me onto the sofa bed.

I let out a deep breath and then another as I felt my heart pounding, almost bursting through my chest.

"I'll call an ambulance," Calia informed me before moving her hands off of me and making a few quick steps.

"Don't." I stopped her, coming to my senses. "I'm fine, I just need to get some rest. I've had a busy day."

Calia moved so that she was now standing in front of me, her arms crossed over her chest.