Treasure [F] ; C.S + P.SH

[top: san | bottom: seonghwa]
words: 3600

- san spends an evening at home with his lover as they prepare for their first child

The soft pitter of sock-clad feet tapped against the cold, hard wood floor as the male made his way to his bedroom, a yawn slipping from his open lips while bringing a hand to rub his eye.

Not that he'd done anything to evoke such a reaction from him, far from it, he'd basically just sat around doing nothing the entire day. He was awaiting a lecture from his partner, where he'd say "Playing video games sure feels like a job." and would soon get a "But you aren't being paid for playing games, are you?" in return. It wasn't like he didn't have a job or anything, he worked alot of the time actually. But over the recent few days he'd been placed on leave so he and his lover could prepare for a very big day. He liked to laugh off his fiancé's whines, clapping back with a "Well if I'm being paid while at home, then technically I am being paid to play games." but he usually just clapped back in his head as he feared he'd land himself a smack and a night on the sofa.

The house was mostly dark, aside from the luminous light shining from his bedroom and the low glow coming from the bathroom just opposite. All the other lights had been entirely turned off, leaving the house void of any colour and all the backgrounds mixing into one. Even in the pitch black darkness he could always find his way around the house, even in the middle of the night when there was not even a single street light left shining bright enough to supply some sort of assistance; he still got around without a struggle. He'd paced these halls countless times, hours when he couldn't sleep or hours where he woke up abruptly through the shirt between evening and morning. This was a home he knew the insides and outs of, it would never be a challenge to locate anything.

On his way to the bedroom, he made a quick pitstop in the bathroom to brush his teeth after conjuring up a horrible stench of coffee that had almost burned into his teeth and tongue. He was aware his lover hated the smell of coffee, especially over these recent months which had been much on the contrary to any other period in their life. He liked coffee all his life, but at the moment he was going through a wicked smell where even being in the same room when someones drinking it leaves him nauseated and making a quick dash to the nearest disposable location where he can empty his guts. San missed the times where he didn't wince so badly at the smell or taste of coffee, but he respected his lover enough to avoid making him more sick than he had been. That was the last thing he wanted to do. Though, matter of factly, it was his fault his lover felt sick all the time anyways.

He could hear light humming come from across the hall, telling him that his lover was already in bed. He made light work of brushing his teeth, making sure to get all the right parts while also being as fast as humanly possible. With a fleeting swill, he spit out the white foam and then turned off the tap, watching it swirl down the drain with a gurgle once it had all been sucked down the pipe. He grabbed a tissue and wiped the corners of his mouth where minty remnants had been left, tossing it aside into the toilet and flushing the chain before finally waddling out and across the wall to slip into the warm bed beside his lover.

As he crept in, the icy flush of a Winter breeze slammed into him and clashed with the heat he once possessed, causing him to hiss. "Christ baby, it's like the North Pole in here."

"I was too hot." The male returned, a little pout forming on his lips at the teasing scold. He chuckled under his breath as he made his way to the window, glancing out as little droplets of snow began to rain from the sky. It had been raining a few hours ago so it was unlikely the snow was going to stick, but he kept his enthusiasm with a grin while watching the little snowflakes float to the ground. He soon shut the window, taking a breath before closing the curtains back over and looking at his lover who was now pouting much more than he was seconds ago.