My Way [A/F] ; J.YH + S.MG

[top: yunho | bottom: mingi]
words: 5200

- mingi's stubborn nature leads him so far to keep the fact he was about to have his children a secret, even from his partner.

"Min!" A loud voice suddenly rattled the walls of the house, scaring the poor latter as he jumped almost out of his skin but when he saw Yunho's angry expression he simply smiled it off.

"Yes my dear?" He returned, a tone of faux innocence laced in his words as he batted his eyelashes.

"Why are you dressed? You don't seriously think i'm going to let you come to work today." His partner, Yunho, scolded him as he rolled his eyes.

"I knew this was coming—"

"Well, of course you did! Mingi, the last time I checked you are literally 8 months pregnant." Yunho stated, Mingi's hand placing itself on his round bump instinctively as the younger simply hummed and shrugged.

"Relax Yunho, I'll be on maternity leave by the end of this week so just let me enjoy my last days of work and excessively seeing my friends before I leave for months and need to stay indoors dealing with twin babies while you have to work," Mimgi defended himself, leaving Yunho slightly surprised at his reply, mouth forming an 'O' shape at the blunt return before shaking it off with a sigh.

"I don't care. You are about to pop Mingi, the others have told me how bad your back has been lately as well." Yunho folded his arms and raised a brow.

Mingi clenched his jaw, "Don't give me that look."

Yunho continued to glare at him, but Mingi began to waddle to the door and completely ignore the older whos face seemingly dropped at the act.

"Jeong Mingi if you don't sit down I'm going to—"

"What? You're gonna what? Yunho, I love you but you hardly intimidate me." Mingi commented, giggling after his words as he unlocked the front door, "You're not stopping me Yunho, so unless you wanna ride the bus alone I suggest you hurry your fine ass up and get to the car~"

Yunho grunted in annoyance but he soon followed after his lover like an adorable dog and helped him into the car before starting to drive them to the hospital. Mingi rubbed circles on his belly, contently gazing out of the window while listening to the quiet music playing through the radio. He knew Mingi was giving him the cold shoulder because he was petty he didn't get his own way.

Mingi finally sighed to break the silence.

"You can't keep your mouth shut forever."

"I'm just saying Mingi, you should stay at home."

"Yunho, I know you want to help but I don't need it. I'm a grown man, I can make decisions for myself."

"I know you can! It's just-"

"It's just what Yunho? You want to baby me? Wrap me in bubble wrap?" Mingi interrupted, Yunho sighing in response as he continued to look at the road. Mingi let out a small sigh as regret filled his body, "I know you care, and I'm very grateful that you want to look out for me. But I don't want to be swaddled all the time!"

"I know that, but this isn't just a one off Mingi. You're pregnant. With twins! And you're about to pop! I'm just trying to do what's best for you, for our babies," Yunho bit his lip, not wanting to imagine something bad happening to his family. If Mingi could sense that fear, he didn't say, but he reached over and took Yunho's hand.

"I know Yunho. But we're fine right now, okay?"

Yunho let out a small sigh of defeat but knew there was nothing more he could say, Mingi wasn't showing any signs of giving in so he knew this was just how it was gonna be. Deep down he dreaded to idea of letting Mingi come into work today knowing his circumstances and when he passed a fleeting gaze to Mingi's large middle, he couldn't help but feel wary of it all. He worried and cared so much, maybe he was paranoid, he wasn't truly sure if he was ready to admit that but alas that was that and he accepted this fate.