Not Too Late [A/F] ; J.YH + K.YS

[top: yunho | bottom: yeosang]
words: 6000

- they worked as hard as possible to finally extend their family with the one thing they wanted the most.

Yeosang sat silently watching the summer breeze waft away the leaves from the lawn while sipping his iced tea, a small huff leaving his parted lips afterwards.

He felt lost, isolated, frustrated.

He wasn't sure what to make out of this new feeling and if it was a foreign feeling to him, considering he had never felt so empty and confused before. He'd been in a relationship with his current husband and soulmate, Yunho, for the past five years and had been married for three. He loved the bones off of the male and would never trade any of the experiences he got to have with him for the world. He knew this emotion had no meaning against his husband and knew it wasn't on his regard, nor him taking pity of their relationship.

But he felt they were at a point in their relationship where the next step was necessary to be taken.

A baby.

Yeosang doubted this when he first imagined having a baby, admittedly dreading the idea of so much responsibility and the idea of having a screaming baby around the house put him off immediately. But that idea came to him over six months ago, and as more time passed he grew the like the idea of being a parent. Whenever he felt down like this, he'd usually talk to his partner to get some support and seek advice in his wiseness but alas this was a subject he couldn't ask for help for. Not yet anyways... not when it was so fragile.

Yeosang now loved the thought of creating life for the world to see and adore in the future, forming a visible sign of the love he shared with his dear husband, having someone to nurture and having someone to teach the ways of the world and watch grow up into a lovely young person. Being responsible for the person they became and the things they could conquer and achieve in their life. Every time he passed a toddler or baby on the street, his eyes naturally fell to them and he'd smile to himself at the idea that he could have his own one day. There were even a few occasions on the bus or in the park where a baby seated in a stroller would look at him, to which he'd pull silly faces at them to make them laugh. He felt overjoyed hearing those adorable little baby giggles, and he wished it could be a permanent sound in his life.

With that being said, his desire for a child didn't seem reciprocated by his lover.

He didn't know directly from Yunho his thoughts on having kids since it'd never been a topic of interest in their relationship, and if it had it would have been a small conversation that was brushed past very quickly. But he felt Yunho never really showed much reaction to all those little signs Yeosang gave him. Like when they'd be clothes shopping and Yeosang would mention the adorable little baby socks he'd seen when they were looking, and Yunho would just nod along to his words, shrugging it off and seemingly show no care at all. Or those times where Yeosang would nudge Yunho when an innocent infant was playing in the park and would giggle at their cuteness, only for the older to ignore it.

Perhaps it was on purpose; Yeosang didn't know.

But what he did know is that he really didn't know where to begin with this attempt for a baby, however, he had to start somewhere and he'd have to decide soon.

As he stared out of the window, he saw a car pull into the driveway and he realized Yunho had returned from work. He snapped out of his transfixed gaze and smiled softly before heading over to the sofa to sit down, awaiting Yunho's entrance into their home.

"Honey, I'm home!" Yunho sing-songed as he walked through the door and kicked off his shoes quickly, Yeosang lifting up his head to smile warmly at him when he approached to give him a peck on the head.