If Without You [A] ; J.WY + K.YS

[top: wooyoung | bottom: yeosang]
words: 4000

- in which yeosang goes into labor while his partner isn't quite by his side

Ateez were usually very well managed and did their best to make sure the health of the members was put first and was at the utmost importance which is why Jongho and Mingi were put on a break so they could heal and rest up.

The younger of the two was having some problems with his leg and ankle, while Mingi's back problem was playing its part in attacking his back and making life more difficult.

However, they weren't the only two who were cooped up at home at the moment.

Yeosang was 38 weeks pregnant and was about to burst, so the company decided it was his time to stay at home and rest so he could give birth when the baby was ready. He was always exhausted and quite often needed the help of his dongsaengs which they both didn't mind.

The other members were busy with an interview and also a stage performance of Wonderland and one of the songs from the album too. They were very busy at the moment and didn't have much time to spare which meant Yeosang was often left at home all day without Wooyoung there to comfort him or just keep him company. It was a shame since he was due any day now, which meant they wouldn't get many more chances to be alone once the baby came. But they didn't complain too much because they were very excited to be parents so soon.

Wooyoung had left that morning after littering some kisses onto Yeosang's face to wake him up before he had to go.

And since then Yeosang had been up, dealing with his braxton hicks contractions that he had been copinh with for the past few weeks. The doctor said he was due any day but wouldn't know when it was time until his water broke, but he'd been feeling so much pressure on his hips that he had a feeling it'd be very soon.

Yeosang was in the kitchen about to make dinner when he felt yet another contraction assault his already aching body and make him whine in pain.

He rubbed the bottom of his belly as an overwhelming pressure began to build up on his tired pelvis as the baby's head edged down more and more which made him groan quietly.

He'd been dealing with them a lot worse today, he was hoping they'd calm down soon and he wouldn't have to worry about them but they were still really bad.

As he braced himself to let out a deep sigh once this one passed, instead he had to brace against the counter as it continued.

"Please not today baby.."

"Hyung? What's up?" He snapped his head up and saw Mingi walk in and he immediately shook his head.

"Why are you out of bed? You should be-AH!" Yeosang stopped scolding the male for a second and gripped the counter while scrunching up his face.

However, as Mingi approached the male to help him, there was the sound of water hitting the floor and he noticed liquid pooling beneath Yeosang's feet so he stumbled back in fear, "Oh god.." Yeosang bit back a sob as he held his large stomach with one hand, the other still gripping the counter.

"Is that? Are you? Oh shit.." Mingi ran a timid hand through his hair at the realization.

He threw a quick, "Jongho!" over his shoulder, hoping the maknae would have some sort of knowledge or even be able to calm the pair down because right now Mingi was panicking.

He approached Yeosang hesitantly and carefully brought him away while Jongho entered in a slight hurry at the tone of the tallest boy, and when he noticed the water on the ground his heart sank.