Just Keep It Up [A] ; K.HJ + P.SH

[top: hongjoong | bottom: seonghwa]
words: 4220

- during an outbreak that leaves hongjoong and seonghwa the only people left from their hometown, sacrifices are often made despite how much they hurt.

Seonghwa and Hongjoong were married, very happily too. They'd been in a relationship for a few years now and they were a very happy couple, and with every happy couple comes the doubt of something "missing in their lifes" aka...

A baby.

Seonghwa was almost desperate to be a mother, he'd loved babies all his life and had always wanted to be a mom. He'd watch clips of them online and coo, he'd gush about them to Hongjoong constantly to show the younger male his want. And of course Hongjoong loved his Seonghwa more than anything in the world and if  it was a baby he wanted, then that's exactly what he'd get.

However, things weren't as easy as they would have hoped. Seonghwa was luckily a carrier meaning they could have children of their DNA mixed together, but getting pregnant was more of a challenge than Seonghwa honestly appreciated. He went through two miscarriages and many failed attempts until he finally got the good news that he was pregnant. Him and Hongjoong didn't want to risk anytthing and were very careful with monitoring every move Seonghwa made.

But their lives changes more than they had hoped.

After an abrupt outbreak of dangerous chemicals from a lab in Japan, people began to get extremely sick to the point it spread throughout the entirety of Asia. They had been swarmed with these chemicals to their brains and were changed into cannibalistic monsters that they called zombies. With Seonghwa being two months pregnant, he had to stay safe and Hongjoong was truly scared that his family were going to be at risk.

They were snart however and seeked for supplies instead of just running for the hills and hoping they'd make it out alive. They knew there was no surviving if they weren't prepared for things. They got weapons, food, clothing and anything else they could possibly salvage. Almost their entire hometown was wiped out and left them as the only ones left.

With Seonghwa's pregnancy, he was more vulnerable and when his stomach began to grow more Hongjoong limited him from what he could and couldn't do.

Nine months had passed yet they hadn't quite realized it, and Seonghwa's belly was round and very heavy for him to support with his own weight, baring in mind his figure is typically quite small and fragile.

The two had been walking since sunrise and Seonghwa was feeling contractions. They were quite painful and he'd been dealing with them since early in the morning, every now and again he had to take a quick stop in order to cope and allow the contraction to pass. They were at about 30 minutes apart but were now about 20.

The older walked beside his partner before stopping and grabbing his husband's shoulder, grinding his teeth while holding in his cries of pain. The younger stopped in his tracks and gave his lover his attention.

"Deep breath, in and out, just breathe." Hongjoong told the older as he waited for the contraction to pass, "Do you think you can last a bit more walking?"

Seonghwa breathed out, "I think so... I don't know how much longer I can go but... I'll try."

Hongjoong gave a sympathetic smile and kissed his head before hoisting their bag over his shoulder once more and taking Seonghwa's hand as they began to walk again. The older rubbed his belly and gazed down as the large bump shifted furiously while his unborn baby kicked eagerly and he let out a deep breath before looking up, failing to notice Hongjoong's sad gaze in his direction.