Gideon was watching me with a careful expression before he said. "We don't know what you will do after tomorrow." It seemed like time had stopped. Everyone was frozen in place, me included. I didn't dare to glance in Pride's direction.

"If you decide to go back go back home." Wherever home was nowadays. "I'm pretty sure the rebels won't come after you, we will handle them. We will make sure they won't come after you. If you decide to stay-" My eyes involuntarily found Pride. His eyes were already on me, his eyes were filled with sorrow and regret. I quickly looked away from him. "We will see and discuss this later."

"Gideon is right." Wymond said. "They would never attack us tomorrow, so we will discuss our plan of action after."

After... after I left or after I decided to stay. I looked away from the princes and let my hands caress the heads of Isa and Maze.

"Since tomorrow is the last day." I said, not looking at any of them. "I have a lot to think about." My eyes shifted to Sevrin. He was up in a second and was standing in front of me.

"We should talk." We said in unison. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, tugging me close.

"I'll be home later." I said with a quick glance in Pride's direction. My voice shook a little at the word home. Without waiting for an answer, I opened the portal to Sevrin's home, and we stepped through, Maze next to me and Isa's large frame behind us.

After Leon's shock wore off from seeing Isa, he guided us to the living room, throwing cushions and blankets on the ground before we all sat down together on the floor. Leon poured three glasses of wine and placed a cheese and fruit platter in front of us. Maze laid down at my feet and Isa's large body was wrapped around us three.

"Tell me about Margarete," I said, breaking the silence. I didn't want them to ask about me just yet. The moment I saw Sevrin's reaction when they said it's been over six hundred years, I knew.

"Margarete had bonded with one of Pride's wyverns too. It was about nineteen years after we got married that a baby wyvern was born. When we went to see it, they bonded immediately."

"What happened to the wyvern?"

"He died not long after she had disappeared."

He died of grief. Isa's sad voice said in my head. He was just a pup.

"I'm sorry." I squeezed his hand.

"I tried to care for him, but I wasn't in my right mind myself."

It's not his fault. He couldn't have done anything. It's the bond, the grief was too much.

"If something happens to me..."

Yes, milady. I will die too.

My breath got stuck in my throat and I wrapped my arms around Sevrin. "It isn't your fault, Sev. Isa told me you couldn't have done anything to help him. The bond between a wyvern and his human is too strong."

He hugged me a little tighter before letting go. "I miss her so much."

"I know." I dropped my head on his shoulder.

"Do you -" Sevrin cleared his throat. "Do you know what you are going to do?"

I leaned back against Isa and cast my eye on the ceiling. I could feel their eyes on me. "He wants me to go home." I whispered.

The silence was deafening.

"What?!" Leon's voice was loud in the silent room. Maze looked up for a second before lying back down.