8. Gluttony

Gluttony leaned forward in his chair, his elbows rested on his knees. His dark brown curls fell forward framing his face. His dark blue eyes glittered with excitement as he grinned at me.

"I hope you won't get too bored with me this month."

"I'll find something to keep me occupied, don't worry." I said as I hung my things in my closet. Gluttony had escorted me to my room, taking a place in one of the chairs, no regard for anyone's privacy as it seems. As expected, Gluttony's house was also a castle but a little bigger than Sloths and instead of it being surrounded by a forest it was surrounded by mountains. Mountains that looked like it had snow on top of them.

"I'm sure you will." He was silent for a moment. "You took a risk showing up like that."

I turned to look at him and he nudged his head to my jeans. I shrugged. "What's wrong with it?"

"Not something we're used to. And not really appropriate for a formal dinner."

"Times change. Let me show you." I pulled out my clothes and showed it to him before showing him my phone and laptop. "Once you'll be free of the curse, you'll figure it out quickly enough."

Gluttony's eyes were stuck on the phone even though the screen was black. I saw him furrow his brows. "You said once not if." He looked up.

"What?" I blinked confused.

"Once we're free, not if."

"Oh." I said, placing the last of my clothes in the wardrobe before closing it with a soft click. "I'm not saying I'm the one who will break it." I turned and leaned against it. "It's too soon to even think about that. I've only been at Sloth's, and he's married. But I believe the curse will be broken, if not me, by someone else."

Gluttony leaned back in his chair, his arms flexing a little. "You're sure interesting for a mortal."

"Thank you?" I frowned. I glanced around the room I'll be staying in. The castle may be bigger than Sevrin's, but the room was smaller. It had a bathtub inside the room, only covered by a thin white sheet. A double bed was placed against the window, looking out over the mountains. There was no sitting area, just one armchair where Gluttony was sitting in.

"Sloth never said much about your time together."

"He didn't?" I couldn't mask the surprise on my face or voice.

Gluttony shook his head. "No, he's always been secretive but now, every time we asked, he said. 'You'll just have to wait and see.' With a secretive smile. It made us wonder."

"It made you nervous." I corrected with a grin.

He held up his hand, holding his index finger and thumb just an inch apart. Just a little, he showed but said. "I'm not saying that." He grinned, lowering his hand. "It made us curious to see who you are. Especially once you showed up with Sloth tonight. You looked close."

"We grew close." I said. I glanced at the inviting tub. "But I would like to retire for the night."

Gluttony noticed me eying the tub and stood up with a hidden grin. "Of course, Lady Ava." He bowed a little.

"I'll see you at breakfast?" I asked as he reached the door.

His hand rested on the door handle as he looked over his shoulder. "I'll come pick you up then I'll give you a tour around the house."

"Castle." I corrected. "You're just like Sloth." I snickered. "This-" I waved my arm around the room. "Is not a house, it's a castle."

"I'll give you a tour around my home, then. Better?" The side of his lip curled up.