GOW 4 Chapter 9: A Stranger I Remain

Start from the beginning

Del: (other side) Are you guys alright?!

Týra: We're fine. You go on ahead, we'll catch up.

Arcturus: Don't worry, we'll find another way to you guys!

Alex: Got it, just make sure you don't get lost!

Mimir: Same with you lads. 

Karasu: Good luck!

Team DVANT started finding another way underground, unknown to them, they were being watched by Mazoku from the rooftops as he walked away so he wouldn't get spotted by his enemies. 

*With Y/N*

Meanwhile, Y/N was seen at the rooftops of a massive cistern. That's where he meets the woman he's seen before.

Woman: I was wondering when you'd come... Jack the Ripper.

Y/N: No one calls me that anymore. Marcus, Reyna, Oscar, Gary, and the rest of the Outsiders. Where are they? 

Woman: (tut-tut) I can show you a better time than those weak humans. 

???: Y/N!

Y/N gasps as he turns to see Yang, Blake, and Team THNDR who were running. 

Y/N: What are you guys doing here?

Daniel: We should be asking you. 

Hayer: The hell you ran off on us like that? 

Yang: Yeah!

Y/N: You shouldn't have followed me. Go back to the others. 

Natasha: Oh no you don't, we're sticking with you.

Thror: Aye. 

Y/N: This is not up to discussion.

Woman: (turns to them) Come now. Why not let them stay? We could some company together. 

Daniel: You're a Revenant of Desperado? 

Mistral: I am Mistral... the cold wind of Atlas. And you must be the new huntsmen and huntresses I've so much about. 

Ryder: Jeez, we're getting famous already?

Mistral: (looks at Y/N) I suppose you told them about your mercenary life. Your reputation precedes you. How you were ruthless, merciless, fighting for survival. A natural born killer, even as a child.

Y/N: That was a long time ago.

Mistral: I was born in Mantle myself, you know. 

Y/N: And?

Mistral: We had our own civil war 30 years back. So you see? Cut from the same cloth, you and I.

Y/N: You don't know me.

Mistral: I lost my whole family, everything... (clenching her hand) But I butchered those fuckers. My Family's killers. That's when I realized... I am a killer, too. And a good one at that. I slaughtered dozens in Vacuo, in Atlas... I'd found my calling.

Y/N: (unsheathing Yamato) Proud of that, are you?

Blake: You killed both humans and Faunus? Don't you cared about their lives? 

Mistral: (shrugs) What happened, happened. To be honest, I found it quite dull.

Undoing the buttons on her coat, letting it fall to the ground. She was wearing somekind of harness-like armor and some construction on her back with six connectors.

Mistral: My enemies fell like domino, one after another. Not once did I feel threatened. I was adrift... Without challenge... Without purpose... At times, I even envied my prey.