Thirty four

Sofia De Ricci:

Sofia De Ricci:

I woke up with the sun flashing through the linen curtains that were doing a terrible job of keeping the light out. I fling my legs over the side of the bed and walk into the tiny bathroom. I wash my face with some water before applying some very light makeup, in hope to savour it. I got dressed into an suitable outfit which was yesterday's jeans and a hoodie. I pull out the top that I had worn yesterday from the bathtub filled with now cold water. I looked to the top to see that the bath water had done a decent job at cleaning it and I hung to the top over the towel rack in an attempt for it to dry. 

I fold my silk PJs and place them on the desk for me to wear tonight. I brush my hair and tie it up before exiting my room leaving the do not disturb sign on the door and exiting the hotel. As I walk down the main high street I notice many big brands such as Primark and Target all along the main road. I continued down the road and found a small bakery  located just around the corner from the main road, as I walked in I couldn't get the thought of my brothers out of my head. 

I was still in shock and couldn't believe what they did to Ethan, their fucking murderers. Ok yeah I know I killed someone but that was more like manslaughter, when I was watching them they all seemed to enjoy the pain they were giving him. Even my best friend lied, but it does make me feel a bit better for what I did with Theo but then again he's also part of the crap. I've come up with two ideas as to who they could be, Gangsters or in the Mafia. But right now they are not my priority. 

I walked up to the counter to be greeted by a young woman who was probably in her 30s and had an orange bob.

"Hi dear, how can I help you?"  She gives me a sweet innocent smile, and I return the act. 

"Uhh, may I have a cinnamon bun, please?" 

"Of course,"  She replies placing rubbing gloves over her hands and placing my breakfast into a paper bag.

"Anything else?" She says taking the bun over to the register and I had over a 10 dollar bill . 

"Yeah actually, I was wondering if there would be a chance I could have a part-time job here? Like washing dishes, serving, waitressing?" She gives me a toothy grin handing me my change and replies, "You know what I am understaffed at the moment so that would be very helpful but I'd only be able to give you about $10 an hour."

"That be wonderful," I say full of excitement stuffing the coins into my back pocket. 

"Right why don't you come round here and I'll show you the back, also what's your name dear?" 

"Sofia, what about you?" I ask while walking around the counter.

"Mine Tiffany, right if you want to leave your bag in one of the lockers there and grab an apron." I  nod and walk over to the lockers. There were about 3 others and two were already occupied. I placed my stuff into one of the lockers before setting a passcode, I can't forget as all my money to survive in there I mentally remind myself.