Twenty Four

Benjamino De Ricci:

Benjamino De Ricci:

Over the past few weeks I think we've all noticed a clear change in Sofia, she seems more productive, less jumpy, and in general happier. I must say she's not as bad as I pictured her to be. I don't really remember her before she got kidnapped but I hated her for how much my parents were obsessed with her. Nearly every dinner time Sofia's name would always enter the conversation and when my parents died I only really had her to blame. Lorenzo never really said how my parents died only that it happened when they were searching for my sister but now that I know her I've seen she's more than just the family favourite. I've also concluded that she's very important not only to our family but to our rival Mafia, the Serbians and she doesn't even know it. 

About two days ago Lorenzo, Matteo, and Alessandro, or as me and Antonio call them the golden trio like in Harry Potter, sorry don't know where I was going with that. Anyway, they went to London to try and dig up more information about Sofia and her past but they needed more knowledge on her kidnapper and why she was put through those things.  Lorenzo instructed the three of us to not tell her a single piece of evidence as to what they're doing, he believes it could reveal who we truly are but we all know he's just being paranoid as usual. 

Over a couple of days every time, Sofia asks us where they've gone we just come up with new stupid and unbelievable excuses. At first, she took the joke but every time we say a new one the more aggravated she gets. We also ordered all the staff to tell her, 'Sorry we are not allowed to give you that information right now' leaving her with no choice but to keep asking us. 

It was a Tuesday evening and thanks to Lorenzo we'd all managed to skip two weeks off school and were all sitting in the kitchen scoffing down our dinner when Sofia stormed in looking tiered and aggravated. 

She walked right towards the cabinet and grabbed a glass before opening the fridge. She then turned around and immediately asked the same question we'd heard for the past few days, "Alright can someone please explain what Matteo, Lorenzo, and Alessandro are doing." Causing me to immediately zone out, too tired to bother answering. 

I'm only brought back into the conversation when I hear Sofia basically yelling, " Tell me what is actually going on."

I finally stepped in saying, "They went to England for a board meeting."

"No, they didn't because a board meeting doesn't last for two days!" She fires back now looking more pissed off than ever.

"Well, they did have to fly there," Antonio mumbles causing Pietro to release a laugh that he tried to hide with a cough.

"Come on do you think I'm stupid what are you guys hiding that is so important that everyone in the house can know except me. I've asked the guards and they even know. So someone please fucking explain." We all sit there staring at her having no idea what else to tell her. Lorenzo with fucking murder us if we tell her we're the Italian Mafia and besides she's the kind of person who will figure it out if we spill too much. But for now, we want to keep her out of this side of our family, even though our uncles think it a weird decision.