Twenty Nine

Sofia De Ricci:

Sofia De Ricci:

My eyes slowly fluttered open except my body didn't feel awake. I could already tell it was another one of these messed-up dreams. They haven't happened very often but when they do it would be because something triggered it. 

In this dream, I was sitting in a chair but every time I tried to move the chair only pulled me down. I looked down at my wrists they were each placed on the armrests with nothing stopping them from moving but every time I tried to move them they would just stick to the chair, almost as if there was an invisible rope tying me to it. 

I looked up taking in my surroundings. This time the walls were white but glowing almost blinding. There was nothing in sight apart from the wooden chair my body was forcefully strapped to. 

Everything was silent, too silent, not even the sound of a generator or a plane flying above. I sat waiting hoping this could just be over but the longer I waited the more insane I felt. The panic I had stored up was starting to unfold. My lungs felt tight and breathing soon felt like it was getting harder and more impossible with each breath.

I sat staring at the bright walls while trying to control my lungs. Suddenly a screen with an image appeared in form, causing me to fall backwards taking the chair with me due to fright. 

I lay on the ground trying to push myself back up, but as soon as I stopped struggling the chair flung itself back onto its legs pointing me towards the screen. Posted on the screen in front showed different images from old painful memories, like the day Michael died but other images I didn't recognize, there were repeating over and over again. 

I tried to move my head away but I felt like a statue, glued into place. I closed my eyes but they were immediately forced open.  I just sat staring at the images that showed my brothers holding guns up to different people. People I didn't recognize any of the people apart from one. 

A woman just around 30 was standing wearing a blindfold as Lorenzo held a gun towards her head. She was one of the girls I saw in the photos that Antonio had stored under his bed. All these images looked real like memories but how could they, how on earth would my head know to show me this? 

My breathing started to increase as I shut my eyes this time they weren't forced open they stayed just and I refused to open them. It was only twenty minutes later when I heard someone whisper, "Hey? Sofia? What's going on."

I fling my eyes open to see Theo in bed next to me and Emma on the other side, who was practically falling off the bed. 

I look at Theo who's got a worried expression plastered all over his face. 

"You alright?" He whispers.

"Yeah. Just bad dream" I say controlling my breaths. I slowly sat up and looked over the room everyone still lay sound asleep, the curtains were closed but I could tell it was still dark outside. I looked over Emma and noticed the time was 4: 28 a.m.