69 • Taronsäwem: Day Two Pt. II

A/N: I had gotten sick with the flu, so that definitely slowed when this would be released. Merry Christmas to all who celebrates, and this is one of my gifts to you! 💗💕

•-•-•

.

'...two souls?'

Ronal looked over the child who was fast asleep, her eyes lingering on her forehead.

'The Great Mother has showed me. There are two souls in your daughter's body.'

The flustered mother scrambled her thoughts, trying to make sense of what she was hearing. Her earlier tears had dried on her cheeks, making her face feel tight.

'I do not understand...' she said. Ronal now looked up at the woman.

'It is not something that you are required to understand...but something you should accept.'

She listened to her Tsahìk's words, thousands of thoughts running around in her little mind.

'I can tell you wish to keep this a secret.' Ronal added cooly, prompting the woman to nod.

'I do. If I, her own mother, cannot understand this enigma, then how could others?'

.

Eri looked calm. More resolute—no longer in shambles as she once was. Her team looked over at her, wanting to make sure she was okay. She was.

She was indeed.

"Offense Eri, you say?" Neteyam said, reinstating his grip on his crossbow; he began to smirk as he chuckled, laying low on his mount to prepare for his descendance. "...how odd for an Eyktan..."

"Hey, boss..." Tsyätrril called out, causing Neteyam to turn to face him.

"Yeah?"

"...why do you want to do a tikxukehe?"

Neteyam didn't expect him to ask this question because, what was the point in asking that now? He tilted his head, then flickered his eyes back onto the boy.

"...a little thing called a tìkyora'."

Masanai's eyes widened, snapping her head over. In fact, the entire team snapped their heads towards him.

"What??!" Tsyätrril said, shocked.

"Listen, Neteyam. You did amazing thus far, but executing a tìkyora'...it is suicide...!" Masanai said, her voice shouting lowly.

"...she is right, you would be foolish." Femtrì added. "I may not be playing anymore but I can still say if you guys are being ridiculous."

"...you guys can cease your worries." Neteyam replied carefreely, not even seeming to be fazed by the objections from his teammates.

"I know where it is. Their sum atxep."

"Eri, are you sure you are fine now?" Duräley asked her. Her leader said nothing, but turned her head a little, nodding. Eri then looked over at Kaysitxi, a soft look on her face.

"Sorry if I was a little excited, if I scared you, you can always just stay under the water." She said. It started off as though she was being genuine, but then she began to sound passive aggressive. Kaysitxi looked down at the water, feeling useless. But Eri then started laughing, hitting the water with her free hand. "I am just joking! But you do have to do a better job, Kaysi. We're all relying on you in some way."