53 • Aid and Advice

"You had me so scared, sister..." Tsireya said.

"I am alright now." Liyanin replied, smiling. Her mind then went back to how weird Neteyam was acting before she had left. She wondered if she should bring it up to her sister, but decided to just leave it be. "Did you give Säwila the children back?"

Tsireya nodded. "I saw Neteyam carrying you, and figured something happened. They were making jokes of you two the whole way back."

"Ah, of course they were..." Liyanin sighed, a laugh escaping her lips.

"...so...Neteyam is cool about your powers? Like, for sure?"

"...yes," she said, thinking of him. "...he is."

----------------------------------------

Neteyam was walking through the village, his head down in thought. What had happened back there was very new to him, and he felt like he wanted some advice from his dad. But he knew that this 'talk' would be awkward, so he needed to prepare himself first.

He walked by a lot of Marui pods, not noticing how the nearby teens would whisper about him when they saw him. His performance in both phases of the Hunt so far had undoubtedly made a mark on the other teenagers and children, seeing how good this newcomer who was their age was. Some even started making bets on whether he would win the third phase.

"Just because he won a spot to the third phase does not mean he will win it. He barely managed to win the second. And besides, Taronsä is going to be killer this year; Wekyu, Masanai, Yipentì, Duräley, and Amilnay are playing." A teenager said.

"It all depends on how they split the teams, then. Gah, you are always such a pessimist, Tikyernì." Another complained.

Neteyam had heard this conversation, and hearing the amount of people they said were killer players, it made him feel a bit intimidated. This game...Taronsäwem...he needed to learn the rules, now.

Liyanin had told him she would explain the game to him, but right now, he couldn't risk being too close with her for too long, or that certain...problem would, arise, again.

He couldn't ask those teens for help, he didn't think they would be willing to. He didn't want to ask Aonung for help because...you know what he just can't stand him. And Tsireya...she would probably bring Liyanin along and somehow manage to leave them alone.

So his only option left was...well...

Masanai.

She can help explain this stuff to me...

He started to walk again, but then realized he didn't know where she lived.

"Agh, danggit..." he said to himself.

"Neteyam?" A familiar voice called out, making him turn to see who it was.

"Masanai! Oh, it is like Eywa heard me, I was looking for you!" He exclaimed, quickly clearing his throat once he realized how fast he was talking. His speed made her laugh a little, then she asked him why he was looking for her.

"I need your help."

"Oh, now you need my help?" She joked. "Whatever happened to, 'my teacher is the only one I need'?"

"Ha...there has been...a complication...anyway, I need you to explain to me the rules of Taronsäwem. I've no clue how to play."

"Oh, that is right. You forest Na'vi have never heard of this game." She mentioned. "Okay, but for this to really work, we are going to have to go into the water."