63 • The Final Phase: Taronsäwem First Half

"Get your head in the game, skxawng!"

。゚(゚`゚)゚。
.

(The boy on the right is not Aonung, it's Tsyätrril)

Boom. Boom. Boom!

The music was loud as it rung through the air. There were some mats rolled out on the sand for the families to sit on, and the kids had brought along their sacks and baskets of knick-knacks and doodads to the beach, ready to make do on their bets. Nonparticipating teens were also gambling with their things, the value of those being a tad higher than the littler ones. Once the game got close to starting, families would then trickle into the elevated pods surrounding the arena to be able to see.

Neytiri was pestering her sons the entire morning, wanting to make sure they ate food before heading out.

"Mom, Lo'ak and I will eat with the other players. Did you forget I told you there was a pre-game meal?"

"Oh, that is right...I'm sorry, I am just so nervous." She replied.

"Why are you nervous, Mom? Neteyam and Lo'ak are the ones playing!" Tuk exclaimed, holding onto her mom's hand. Neytiri smiled down at her, saying that she was just worried for them.

"After their meal, they are going to get painted with the water-resistant paint." Kiri reminded. "The game won't start for some hours."

"Yes, Liya had said that the families always gather way early before it starts because there are many activities pre-game to partake in. So..."  he went around his parents and siblings (minus Lo'ak), gathering them up in one spot, then pushed them towards the door of the pod. "...go out and enjoy yourselves!"

They laughed as he did this, walking out of the door. But before they all left, Tuk ran back inside to grab her shells she had been playing and experimenting with for the past weeks.

"I almost forgot this! I wanted to try and get the kids to play my game with me." She stated smugly, proud that she created something on her own.

"I hope you changed its sad name...!" Lo'ak called out as they walked away. Tuk turned her head around one last time, sticking out her tongue and blowing it at him. And with that, their family was off to the activities.

Neteyam turned to look at his brother, a hefty sigh leaving his nostrils. "Are you ready, bro?"

"Ha, you're the one who looks like he is not." Lo'ak scoffed jokingly, but Neteyam didn't return the energy; he seemed really jittery. The younger's gaze lowered to his brother's hands, those of which were gripping firmly onto each other. "...hey, dude. You alright?"

"...just pre-game jitters..." Neteyam responded unconvincingly, his eyes avoiding Lo'ak's face. Lo'ak understood the amount of pressure he was feeling; he got thrown into a leadership position far sooner than he expected, and those who would be depending on him were young teens—teens who could be very demanding and judgmental.

"Neteyam..." Lo'ak thought about what he could say, but just saying 'you'll be fine' never really worked for his brother. "...I honestly don't know what I could say to help you feel better just...just don't faint on me out of anxiety, 'kay?"

He half-smiled at his younger brother, giving him a light nod. "Okay. I will try."

"Alright, let's go get to that feast—Mom always said being early is on-time and on-time is late." Lo'ak said, patting Neteyam on the shoulder.

----------------------------------------

"Here you go~" a Na'vi said, giving the brothers a clay bowl; she was pretty chipper and seemed as if she enjoyed her life. "...those are for the paint, so please do not put your food inside, thank you~!"