2.I'm getting married?

Start from the beginning

I shook my head at her dramas.

"Ok enough about me. How was your breakfast date with Rehaan huh?" I asked with a slight smirk.

She was a whole blushing mess now and then started narrating her epic love story while I ordered coffee for us.

Roop: You know Rehaan is the best! Btw tujhe koi handsome Banda nahi dikha office mein?"[ Didn't you come across any handsome man in the office?],she ask wiggling her eyebrows.

I recalled the before interview incident and my heart skipped a beat but I can't let myself fall in love again. They say it's scary but simping over a guy with pretty eyes isn't harmful right?....Inaya!

"Inaya! Kiske khayalon mein kho gayi?"
[Inaya! In whose thoughts did you drown yourself?]

"Mein kiske khayalon mein khoungi? Don't overthink Ms.Delulu."
[Why would I drown myself in someone's thoughts? Don't overthink Ms. Delusional]

"You can't hide your blush from your dear bestie Ms.Coldie". She said giving her "I know there's something" smirk.

I'M BLUSHING?!

"Roop I hate you!,I said giving a done expression and sipping the hot coffee the waiter served a while ago.

"And I love you Winter!",she said laughing hard.

We continued our bickering and bid goodbye after an hour. I drove home and decided to wait for the mail while reading my book. They have been the comfort to my solitude all these years.
Books are the most cruelly magnificent things humans could ever create. They are the secret portal to escape the cruelty of the world. They make you feel emotions you didn't know existed. You feel your heart beating faster at the sight of someone special. You can feel the tears rolling down your eyes when you miss someone who's too good to be tainted with the impurity of reality. You can sense the rain kissing your cheeks softly as you feel it embracing you: your life,your hope, your home,your love. They say love is beautiful to read and write but too scary to be felt and yet, I want to feel it once...♡

Abhinash's POV

At the hospital,

"Dr. Gupta prepare the OT and start the necessary protocols. We aren't delaying this anymore."

"Ok sir"

I went into the Operation room and saw the 6 year old lying on the bed. I remember his smile yesterday when I talked with him yesterday,"I know you will treat me Docman then I can go to school like my elder brother and friends!",he said with the brightest sparkle in his doe eyes and hugged me tightly.

I have to save him.

After 9 hours

The operation was successfully! I sighed in relief. My entire team smiled in victory. "We did it!",they all whisper yelled.

"Keep him under strict observation Ms. Gupta".

I went out to inform his parents. They were chanting constant prayers and the sudden click of door made them look at me. The looked at me with hope and trust in their eyes.

"The operation was successful!" I finally said with a smile.

They both hugged each other and took a breath of relief,perhaps for the first time in days. I understood their fear,the fear of losing a part of your soul. It hurts so bad. People say,"time heals everything". They are wrong. It just doesn't heal. It just hides beneath the blanket of time, waiting to peak out when you think you are over it. But I will be happy. Happy for others, for everyone who matters,who deserves to be happy. That's how she was. She had all the innocence and warmth of the world. Her eyes always glinted with curiosity everytime she saw something new. I miss her. I miss her so badly!

Time skip*

I reached home and saw everyone already seated at the dining waiting for me. Come on Abhi! Kabhi toh time pe aa Jaya kar! I thought to myself.

"Stop dreaming Abhi, go freshen up we are waiting for you beta!"

"Okay Mom!"

I freshen up quickly and went downstairs. Hmmm! Mutter paneer is calling me it seems.

I noticed all them were whispering something to each other. I'm in trouble it seems.

"Kya hua Dad?"

He gulped and looked at Mom who looked at chachi and who looked at chachu. God these people! Naira and Aryan sighed and the next moment-

"Bhai aapki shaadi hogiii!!!",they screamed at the top of their lungs and I was too stunned to speak anything. I looked at the elders who were too scared to speak anything. Mom finally gathered up the courage.

"Beta trust me she's the best for you. Our families have been friends since a long time. We just want you to meet her once and you both can decide it. We won't force you to do anything bacche."

"But Mom you know I don't want to get married right now." I said evidently frustrated at the fact that they didn't even consider asking me if I was ready. I don't want to be with anyone except her...

"You are 28 Abhinash, it's time for you to get settled. We are just asking you to meet her. Our decision is final. We will be going to their house on Saturday evening. Be ready." Dad said firmly.

"So that's it then? You don't care what I want? Fine! But don't get disappointed when I say no to this marriage!". I stood up and went straight to my room. I lost all my appetite.

I picked up my guitar,it connected me to her. My love, my Milkshake. I started playing...

The sun set again. The night rose soaking my eyes with the warmth of your memories, our memories. The times we were intolerable to each other,the times we were hopelessly falling for each other and the moment when everything fell apart. Why did it have to be us love?

______________________________________

I hope you guys liked this chapter🙈♥️

Please comment down your opinion and don't forget to vote✨.

~your someone♡