Chapter 30: Strongest Creature

(Riveria POV)

When Finn disappeared I wasn't sure what to think. I felt my stomach sink and my heart drop as the small prum boy suddenly disappeared from my sight. It just felt so wrong...

My eyes glazed over slightly as my mind raced with thoughts.

What happened?

Where's Finn?

Is he alive?

Why would Rimuru do this now?

Before I even realized it I had turned my attention to Loki, our god, and when I saw her expression my heart jumped slightly.

She maintained a relaxed if slightly nervous smile on her face— and in that moment I knew one thing for certain.

Finn is alive.

With that, I hurriedly turned my attention back to the fight at hand, Tione had broken out of her bindings and it seemed lefiya had already uttered the chant for the spell "Dio Thyrsos."

"Look Finn is-" Rimuru attempted to do something but before she got the chance Lefiya launched the spell interrupting her. Rimuru jumped back right to where Tione was standing and was promptly forced to fend her wild attacks off with Finn's spear.

I looked down at Lefiya. A certain fear mixed with anger was clear from her expression and while a part of me wanted to dispel it by telling her Finn was fine it would be better for us if everyone here was fighting for real. If we could just land one blow then we could get Rimuru on our side and while it certainly felt wrong to use their emotions in order to get ahead if it ended up allowing us to gain Rimuru as a closer ally then I couldn't help but let it be.

Just as I was thinking this, Rimuru seemingly had already found herself backed into a corner.

Bete held her still as he attempted to jump away and while left in mid-air Tione had wound up a punch that would land squarely in her face. But something was wrong with Rimuru. Her surprised expression shifted to one of dead calmness. Her eyes also began to shift from their usual gold to a bright red hue.

"Tione stop!" I found myself yelling, but it was far too late for that.

Because moments after I shouted it was all already over.

"Do you surrender?" A cold voice asked as the cold metal of Finn's spear lightly touched the back of my spine.

"..." I couldn't respond as adrenaline shot through my body. My ears rang and my vision blurred.

The Loki Familia's first-class adventurers...had all been defeated in less than 10 seconds by one being. My hand shook with apprehension and fear as my eyes shifted behind me.

It had happened so fast I couldn't keep up and yet I found the order of events to be so clear in my head. As Tione had wound up her punch Finn's spear had disappeared from Rimuru's hands and she swung both her hands from above her head down in front of and behind herself.

By this point, only 2 seconds had passed.

Then a tear in space appeared before Tione and another one behind Rimuru. The portal swallowed Tione whole and spat her out the other side right into Rimuru's outstretched palm she had placed behind her beforehand.

3 seconds had passed.

Tione disappeared.

Rimuru didn't stop there though. Her leg slipped from Bete's grasp and she performed a half-front flip until she stood upside down in the air. Strings shot out from under her feet and Using these as a foothold she kicked off of them and landed on top of Bete grabbing him by the scruff of his neck before causing him to disappear as well.