55 ... ten years ago

friday
knights
55

TASHA KNOCKED HESITANTLY on the front door of the Knights before backing away with a small sigh. Even after all these years, it still felt wrong coming to the house of the married man she had a child with. She still felt dirty. But she was always able to put that to the side for the sake of Diane. After a few more minutes, the front door finally opened revealing the last person she wanted to see and or that probably wanted to see her as well.

Tasha looked away for a second as Victoria stared at her. Not like she wanted to fight her but like she wanted to ask her many, many questions that would probably remain unanswered because she couldn't bring herself to ask, too afraid of the answers she'd get. And maybe she wanted to rip a few limbs off of her body too. But that wasn't her.

"Hi, I'm just here for Diane that's all."

"She's not here right now. She went with Warren to the grocery store. Thanksgiving shopping." Tasha sucked her teeth slowly and nodded. "Want to wait inside?" She paused and clashed eyes with Victoria, blinking in confusion.

"Um, thanks but I'll just wait out here or in my car."

"No, I insist. They only just fifteen minutes ago so it'll be a little while," She stepped aside and opened the door further. Tasha forced a little smile. "Really, thank you but I think it's probably best for all of us if I just wait out here."

"I really insist. I mean, what's the harm in that?"

Is this the day I die? she thought to herself.

"Um...sure," She stuffed her keys inside her blazer pocket and took her time walking inside the house that she should be forbidden from. "Would you like something to drink?" And possibly get poisoned? No thanks.

"No thank you, I think I'll just wait for Diane."

"Right this way," She followed Victoria into the living room where Theo and Charlie were in the middle of a kill zone with headsets on. "It's an ambush, you dumbass! Go right!"

"Mi scusi?" Victoria crossed her arms making the boys nearly jump from their seats. "Orologio la tua bocca e fai una pausa," Theo shook his head ferociously. "Mamma per favore some five-year-old little girl is just pressing buttons and somehow winning and killing! Just a few more minutes please?!" He begged, pressing furiously on the buttons of the PlayStation controller. "Please?! I'll be nicer to Lola's..."

"Stupid, stupid career path!"

( "excuse me? watch your mouth and take a break." )

"Now," She stood in front of the TV making Theo groan and fall back on the couch. He pressed pause and tossed the headset off. "Okay, okay we're going," He stomped up and Victoria plucked the back of his head as he passed by.

"Sorry...but!" He started being melodramatic.

"What are we supposed to do? We had to do something, Charlie was starting to get lovesick without Diane!" Charlie coughed out loud, his eyes widening at Tasha who smiled playfully and pinched Theo on his side. "Ouch! It's true!" Charlie scoffed and backed out of the room. "It's not...hi Miss Dunn," He smiled, chuckled, and waved awkwardly.