50 ... love me !nsane

alternative chapter name was called steven & wade.

friday
knights
50

☊ | track forty—2 much

"YOU'RE JUST MY KNOCKOFF."

"Oh, I'm just the knockoff?"

"Don't repeat me in that tone bro. Moonknight's suit is a knockoff of Deadpool's, come on, we all—fans know this." CJ pointed as he and Cato walked out the most boring—in their opinion, haunted house so far. They'd been checking out the neighborhood haunted houses—the kid-friendly ones. Cato didn't like to be scared so he had been stalling for the real haunted houses everyone had been talking about online.

He just didn't want CJ to know. While everyone was at the off-campus party, he was for once not following his brother's footsteps. Almost everywhere Carter went, Cato found himself tagging along just to be out in awkward situations.

It isn't noticeable to many people, but he is an awkward person. It mainly shines when he's alone. But with Carter, it was like a linked bond they had that blended. He was more confident and easygoing with his twin despite their differences and much, unlike personalities. But Cato was only now finding confidence within himself, learning not to lean on his brother the way Raj from The Big Bang Theory—his favorite show, leaned and depended on alcohol to help him talk to women. Because that's how things always felt. If Carter wasn't around, he felt useless. Like a side character.

But not only was he now finding himself, he had CJ—his best friend, to help him. Cato felt like he could finally be himself outside of being Carter's twin. Despite them both being "popular", Cato always knew he was the odd twin out.

He finally realized that truly when he fell in love with Amira. He knew he would never stand a chance. He let Carter walk all over him and take the one thing he had little hope he could have. Now they were dating and surprise, he was again, the odd twin out. Getting over Amira wasn't easy.

Still isn't and despite CJ being Amira's brother, both sharing deep similarities, he solely saw CJ for CJ, and CJ is great. Too great and he felt like a storm was raining down on him purposely just to blow him into the wind of failure. CJ, just like Amira, is the forbidden fruit in the garden. He liked their relationship online and in person and he did not want to fuck it up. Not like the first time. But just how hard it was to control his feelings with Amira, it was the same with CJ.

But then he'd feel his wrist that was scarred with cuts and the memory of what happened the first time he made a move, all of that adrenaline to make that move again suddenly disappeared. CJ was the second guy in a long time he truly crushed on besides coming across guys he thought were just attractive. And that's all he would ever be. A crush.

"My little brother shitted on me all day about my Hawkeye costume, lay off me for just the night man," Cato sighed and CJ laughed, playfully punching his shoulder.

"And I'm not moonknight. I'm Mr.Knight. Steven Grant?"

CJ nodded, eyeing his all-white snazzy suit.

"I know yo ass ain't do this cause of your last name."

"Yes and no."