19 ... an obsess!on

friday
knights
19

☊ | track fifteen—maniac

"YOU SEEM HAPPY," Carter muttered in between a groan, Amira pouring alcohol on his cut. "Not that it's any of your business but yeah, I am. I had a great date, the greatest in a while up until you idiots ruined it," He sucked in a breath, gripping tight on the edges of the sink behind his back as she dabbed his cut hard purposely. "I had to make sure you were safe." She sighed and eased on the dabbing. "That's not your job, Carter." He shook his head.

"Fuck if it isn't. You don't know Parker like we do."

"You're right, I don't know him. But I will."

His nostrils flared, "You have terrible taste in guys."

"I can say the opposite for you," She remarked referring to Sarah. Even after her crazed outburst in front of him, he still dated her—believing her lies. "At least I can admit I was wrong about Sarah."

"Good for you. I like Kaz and you nor Cato finna ruin it cause you want to be man-children like you're trying to keep your mommy away from dating," She put a little more pressure on his wound again to be petty making him groan out loud. "Well, what do you want me to do, Amira? I could sit here and give you every reason not to be with Parker. I can sit all night if I have to" He watched her patch the wound perfectly.

She would make a wonderful nurse too, he thought.

"I want you to stop," She flapped her hands to her sides and sat on a small square cushion next to the bathroom supply closet. "I want you to stop interfering with my life," Carter slipped his shirt off and replaced it with a clean one. "I can't do that," he said almost vulnerably.

"Not until you stop seeing him before it even starts."

She sighed and took her hair from its space buns to run her fingers through it. "It's not gonna happen Carter. We're never gonna happen so—" she paused when he stood up abruptly. "I don't want to hear—don't say that." She then stood up as well.

"See! You're acting crazy."

He paced a little space in the bathroom.

"You do this to me," He said through gritted teeth. He stopped pacing and stood directly in front of her.

"You're blaming me for your fixation?" She frowned.

"No, because it's not your fault. It's not your fault you're you. It's..." he paused and stared at her. He saw the confusion and concern forecasted in her eyes. For him and herself, like she was contemplating her feelings for him—them. Taking a moment of silence, Carter brushed her hair behind her ears, sliding his fingertips across her throat and chest. Amira squinted her eyes, watching his face as he became distracted quickly. She didn't understand. She did but didn't.

But she was starting to understand one thing.

And it freaked her out.

"I'm tired of seeing you get hurt. You don't deserve it. No one deserves you. I interfere in your life because I don't want to lose you to anybody else," he admitted, fixing the straps of her dress. Her skin tingled.