35 ... cheers to that

friday
knights
35

☊ | track twenty-seven—under the influence

TONIGHT REPLAYED IN HER HEAD on repeat. The sound of the gun clicking and the feel of the tip twisting against her skull felt so ear-piercing, like war flashbacks. It didn't help that the enormous club was loud and overall overwhelming and anytime she'd recall the scene, reality sunk in, and the music, the people would snap her out of it. She thought once actually in the environment of a great atmosphere, she'd be free. But no. Not even in the slightest.

Drinks. Drinks were what she needed.

The night was still young and starting as early as 8 pm before the night could even begin to feel at the starting line was not on the roster, but fuck it. A bartender placed her first shot of the night down in front of her, some of the liquid shaving from the surface. Before her fingers could grasp at it—that feeling of sweet relief, CJ slid onto the seat beside her and snatched it. He tossed his head back and downed it in one gulp. Amira—not in the mood, snapped her head to the side whilst waving the bartender down for two more shots.

"I did that to save you. You sure you want to be here?" CJ asked, smacking his lips trying to get used to the strong taste. Amira watched her shots of tequila get poured. "Save me from what?" She scoffed, "A hangover in the morning? I want this, I'll be fine," She assured Stony. CJ shook his head, "Yeah well I don't like it," Amira side-eyed him and rolled her eyes hard.

"Something's off with you." She chuckled wryly.

"Besides the fact that I'm a human punching bag? Yeah, something is off, no guy has yet to throw another punch. Mind as well right?" She said sarcastically and CJ sucked in a tight breath. Staring at her side profile longer than intended, she began to form into a kid again in his eyes. She was laughing, her braids in pigtails swinging back and forth as she laughed at something he probably said. He missed and loved all versions of his baby sister, but this version was just too hard to watch.

Looking at that pigtailed little girl, he never would've thought that she'd ever go through something like this. Twice. He wanted to hold her until she was that little girl again. Nothing lasts forever and that sucked.

"You're gonna be okay," His hand landed on top of hers. She pressed her lips together with a weak smile.

Patting his hand on top of hers, she muttered.

"I know," The bartender brought the two shots over and CJ reached for them but just in time, Amira took one and downed it. As someone who practically raised her alongside their parents, it didn't feel right seeing his baby sister get drunk off her ass and possibly act a fool. Or do something as dangerous as a John Wick mission.

"You not gonna big brother me all night. If that's what you came to do, you can leave. I have my friends with me," She said crotchety and stood up abruptly.

She turned on her black pair of ankle boots, spotting Yasmin and Lydia on the curved purple cushion couch at the far end of the room. "Mira come on," CJ called for his sister. She waved him off and headed toward her friends. "My girlsss!" She crooned, feeling relieved, and flopped beside Yasmin who took her in her arms.

But not before she grabbed one of their tall glasses of drinks. She sipped the liquid and hummed, leaning back against Yasmin. "I want to be irresponsible tonight ladies. Please...please let me do that," Yasmin and Lydia shared a look before darting their gaze to Amira as she watched Carter across the room surrounded by a group probably talking about his winning goal.