34. A secret love

Start from the beginning

" By the way I was planning to let my parents too know about my relationship, but I don't know how do I express myself, I don't how they would take this in, I am all confused right now " Priya said.

Silence followed, as Shruti processed what her friend had just revealed. "Wow," she finally said, "That's a big step. How do you plan on doing it?"

Tears welled up in Priya's eyes as she responded, "I have no idea, Shruti. I'm just so scared. I don't want them to disapprove or think that I'm making a mistake."

Shruti, ever the supportive friend, reassured her, "Priya you and Ji-Hoon have something special, and your parents should see that. Try to sit them down and have an honest, open conversation. Let them know how much he means to you."

Priya knew that Shruti was right. She needed to gather her courage and be honest with her parents. With a deep breath, she thanked Shruti for her support and ended the call.

 With a deep breath, she thanked Shruti for her support and ended the call

( Priya's Pov )

Before letting my parents know , I think I should first let armaan's parents know about my relationship and if they approve then I can take their help when I'll talk to my parents, right? YES! I should call armaan right now !

" Hello Priyaaaa!! " Armaan said as he picks up the call

" Heyy Armannnnn !! " Priya said giving off the same vibe .

" What's up ? Why did you call ? " Armaaan said

" Yea, so today I was planning to let your parents know about me and kookie. What do you say ? " Priya said as she asked armaan's suggestion

" Yea, I think that's cool " Armaan said

" Yea, so are they free tonight? " Priya asked waiting for an positive reply

" Yea, they are! " Armaan said

" So, you guys come tonight at my house for little family dinner date ! " Priya said excitedly.

" Suree, Let's meet tonight! Byee " Armaan said

"Yea, byeeee " Priya said as she hung up the call.

( Later in the evening )

That evening, as the family gathered for dinner, Priya's heart raced once more. She pushed the food around her plate, unable to eat, while Armaan's parents chatted about their day. She couldn't delay the conversation any longer.

Finally, she took a deep breath and said, "Mom, Dad, there's something I need to talk to you about.". ( Priya calls armaan's parents too mom and dad )

Armaan's  parents exchanged a curious look, their concern evident

Armaan's  parents exchanged a curious look, their concern evident. "What is it, sweetie?" his mother asked.

"I've been seeing someone," Priya began, "His name is Ji-Hoon, and he's a Korean guy."

The room fell silent as Armaan's parents absorbed this revelation. Priya's hands trembled under the table, and she fought back tears. She continued, "We've been together for almost 2 years now , I care about him a lot. I wanted to tell you because he's an important part of my life."

His mother and father exchanged another look, this one softer and more understanding. Finally, his father spoke, "Priya, thank you for sharing this with us. We appreciate your honesty, and we love you. We'll support you in whatever makes you happy."

Tears of relief welled up in Priya's eyes as she realized that even though you weren't their daughter they still loved you as their own. She had feared their reaction, but in the end, honesty had prevailed, and his parents were there to support her in her relationship with Ji-Hoon.

" But did you let your parents know about this ? " Armaan's father asked

" No, I'm scared, I thought it would be of help if I told this to you guys first " Priya said

" Yea, don't worry we will help you, but remember, this is your life, you need to handle everything alone, we will be there to help you but we have our own limits too " His father said.

" Yes Dad! I'll try my best to handle everything alone and get a positive reply from my parents "

After a hearty family dinner, the dining table was now cleared, and everyone had migrated to the living room. The warm, cozy ambiance of the room was illuminated by soft, ambient lighting. The lingering aroma of a delicious meal still hung in the air.