34. A secret love

( After 2 years into relationship )

Priya's heart raced as she sat in her room, her mind consumed by a tons of emotions. She had been dating Kookie, a Korean guy she met for several months now, and the time had come to face a daunting task. She needed to find a way to tell her parents about her relationship.

The walls of her room, adorned with posters of her favorite bands and framed pictures of family vacations, seemed to close in on her

The walls of her room, adorned with posters of her favorite bands and framed pictures of family vacations, seemed to close in on her. Her fingers nervously tapped on the edge of her desk, a gift from Kookie. They had shared so many cherished moments together, and she wanted her parents to understand and accept their love.

Priya's parents, Mr.Narayan and Mrs.Narayan, were loving and open-minded, but the prospect of introducing a Korean boyfriend into their lives seemed daunting. The idea of cultural differences and potential misunderstandings filled her with anxiety. Priya knew that it was time to have a serious conversation with them, but the words seemed to elude her.

She decided to call her best friend, Shruti, for advice. With trembling fingers, she dialed Shruti's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey, Priya " Shruti's cheerful voice came through the phone.

"Hey Shruti, I need to tell you about something , I've got some exciting news," Priya said, unable to contain her grin.

Shruti's curiosity piqued. "Spill the beans, girl! What's the big news?"

Priya took a deep breath, her heart racing. "I met an incredible guy, and we're officially dating now. His name is Kim Ji-hoon a.k.a Kookie "

Shruti's gasp of delight echoed through the line. "No way, Priya! That's amazing! Tell me everything."

Priya launched into a vivid description of kookie, from his charming smile to his sense of humor that always left her in stitches. She recounted the moments that had brought them together, their shared interests, and the way he made her feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

As she spoke, Priya couldn't help but feel the warmth of Shruti's support on the other end of the line. Shruti listened intently, asking questions and sharing in her excitement.

"Wow, Priya, he sounds absolutely perfect for you," Shruti finally said. "I'm so happy for you. When can I meet him?"

Sarah's heart swelled with gratitude. "Thanks, Shruti! I can't wait for you to meet him. Let's meet soon ."

They continued talking, making plans and sharing stories about the relationship, cherishing the unbreakable bond of friendship that had carried them through life's ups and downs. Priya knew that with Shruti by her side, her new relationship with Kookie was off to a beautiful start.