16: Where the Trust Lies

Start from the beginning

"Can you guys watch over him?" the fire dragon asked a few of the villagers while handing Gray over to them.

"Sure thing!"

Natsu faced the three mages along with Morana. Lucy felt their determination flow off of them and pulled out her whip.

Feeding off of the dragon slayer's strong perseverance, she boldly declared, "You better not underestimate us Fairy Tail wizards! We got two dragon slayers, making up the guild's strongest team!"

"Dragon slayer magic?" Yuka questioned Lucy's words with curiosity.

Tobby growled, confused. "What does that mean? I thought dragon magic didn't exist. They don't look like dragons."

"They don't; dragon slayer magic is a form of lost magic. It seems we are dealing with Fairy Tail's Salamander and Winter Storm. The fire dragon and the ice dragon are no match for us." Yuka explained with a cocky smirk.

"This is so sad. Anglica, shall we?" Sherry clasped her hands to her chest as she called on the giant rat.

"Yeah right! We'll pumble you to the ground!" Lucy shot back as the two dragon slayers chuckled at her overconfidence.

Without warning, the giant rat had swooped through the mages, and with no thought process behind her actions, Lucy had grabbed onto the feet of the giant rat.

"Lucy!" Natsu shouted.

Morana chuckled at the recklessness of the blonde. "She gets that from you, Natsu." A pair of ice wings sprouted on her back.

"Aye! She's getting stupider the longer she's around you." Happy snickered as his own white wings appeared.

Natsu chuckled as he slammed his fist into the palm of his hand. "Well, you two go help Lucy. I'll take care of these posers."

"Try not to destroy the island, Natsu. We're already in as much trouble as it is with Master Makarov." Morana reminded him as she and Happy shot into the air to follow Lucy.

"How dense you are to think you can take on both of us by yourself." Yuka scoffed as he held his hands behind his back. Natsu walked over to Bobo's grave and fixed it up.

"Hey! Don't ignore us!" Tobby shouted.

"He's dense and impertinent," Yuka muttered as Tobby growled in agreement.

"Don't worry, Bobo. We'll take care of everything." Natsu dusted the gravestone off before turning his attention to the two mages.

"Let's make this fast, shall we?" Yuka said, with a bored expression on his face.

Natsu slammed his flamed fist into his palm with a challenging smirk. "I'm all fired up now!"

The fire dragon was the first to attack. Sending a flaming punch to Yuka, who simply stood unbothered. However, the smoke and flames hid the truth. Jumping back in shock Natsu realized that his flames weren't making contact with Yuka.

"What?! My flames aren't hitting him." Natsu kept his guard up as he watched Yuka closely. Tobby shouting in the background and backing Yuka made it a little difficult for him to focus on his fight.

"Man, would you shut up?" Natsu glared at the dog-man, who jumped back in shock.

"Don't mind, Tobby. I doubt you would be able to even beat me." Yuka chuckled as he finally revealed his magic. "You see, my type of magic is different. I specialize in nullification magic, or wave in my case."

Natsu clicked his tongue as he listened, partly, of course. "It doesn't matter if you are S-Class, A-Class, a wizard sain-–" Yukia was caught off guard as Natsu jumped at him with his fist in flames.