Chapter 55 -

Author note: Just to let everyone know, This is like a giant rough draft to me. I have already started to take notes and make changes for the final draft. I will not upload the final draft until after I have completed this volume. That being said I will also warn all of you when the big update happens. Generally the story will follow the same plot points, but I'll be adding some additional details and so on to make the story flow better. Anyways, enjoy the new chapter :)

Erik tapped his foot impatiently in the hotel's now empty lobby. The sole worker hid behind the counter trying hard to make their presence as little as possible. But with every tap that seemed to grow louder as time passed by, they began to fear for their life. The worker sent a silent plea to whoever the noble was waiting for to hurry up and come down.

The old butler that had entered with the noble quickly came back down the stairs. He rushed to the noble's side and whispered. What was said could not have been good as the noble's face turned red with anger. The worker gave up and with as little noise as possible disappeared into the back room where the other night workers were silently quivering. Their eyes widened and they welcomed the worker with open arms before closing the door and barricading it. Whatever happened out there, was no longer their problem.

Erik paid little mind to the workers' sudden disappearance, but Bert kept a careful watch on them. If what he thought was about to happen, was to happen, then it would be better to have no one around to witness it.

"This wouldn't have been a problem, if you had been watching him." Erik seethed.

Bert frowned, knowing full well that the blame was going to fall on him no matter what. He let out a small sigh, "We were watching him." He reaffirmed, "It's just we weren't expecting a fire to break out at the show." Bert recalled how chaotic the show was once the fire broke out. It was a miracle no one had died, but in the chaos he had lost sight of the Young Master.

Erik scoffed, "If you would have used your brains you would have realized that Nox had planned to start the fire from the beginning." He rolled his eyes and leaned on his hand. Once he discovered who the rat hiding in their mansion was he feared that it was too late, but to find out that not only had the rat disappeared, but that his son was taken by Nox! Ha! He shouldn't have been surprised.

He glanced at the staircase, his eyes narrowing. Although this situation was not ideal, in the end it might have been the only thing that kept Aether safe. "When should we be expecting him?"

Bert let out a dry cough and looked away, "The Young Master has fallen asleep after a quick bath, it shouldn't be too long now."

Erik's eyes narrowed and he snarled, "A quick bath." He repeated, the disdain dripping from his voice was enough to let Bert know that the consequences of Nox's actions will not be good. "After what he has done to my son. Ha!" Erik barked out a laugh, "That's the least he should be doing."

Bert frowned, but nonetheless agreed. It seemed that his intuition was right. There would be an addition to the house starting tomorrow. He could only shake his head knowing what was in store for the young prince.

"Bert. Make sure everything is prepared-"

The stairs creaked and all eyes fell on the figure descending the stairs. Nox was dressed loosely in a plain black shirt and pants. His hair was still wet from the bath and a few faint marks could be seen on his skin. Erik seethed at those marks, knowing full well where they had come from.

"About time you showed up. Sit." Erik gestured to the seat opposite of him.

Nox chuckled and took a seat, "Apologizes, but I had prior engagements to take care of. I'm sure you would understand." Nox leaned back, smirking as he spoke.