Chapter 29 - Inside the Dean's Office

Authors note: ...There are a couple important details in this chapter, will you find them? ;)

The King sat in the Dean's seat. His fingers were intertwined as he peered down at the two dead bodies in the center of the room. His personal guards, though useless to him, inspected the dead bodies with great care.

When they were done with their small inspection, one of them walked over with a bundle of objects. He bowed and offered the objects to the King, "Your Majesty."

The King took the objects and placed them one by one on the desk. A couple pieces of paper written in an unknown language, a strange mirror decorated with green flowers and the information of which households they were working for.

"Alert the families that a rat was found scurrying in their homes. Have their servants investigated and the families interrogated." The King pushed the names to the side and focused on the unknown language and strange mirror that they all carried.

"Right away sir."' His personal guards bowed and took their leave. They didn't need to be around him anyway. He could protect himself.

Without hesitation he burnt the mirrors. A certain Empire was known to communicate through mirrors after all. Which left him with the strange papers, he pushed them to Erik, "Have you ever seen this language before?"

Erik Frenzel sat in a set opposite of him, his head leaning on his hand as he stared at the one living intruder that had been tied up and placed on the side. With his attention called, he turned his focus to the papers presented to him. He frowned as he flipped through them.

"I can't say for certain, but this might be a forgotten Language." He threw the papers back onto the desk.

The King scoffed, "Obviously it's no longer forgotten." He placed a hand over his eyes, a headache already forming. "Send these to the history and Languages research department. I want these papers translated as soon as possible."

"Yes, your majesty." The Dean who had been sweating bullets behind the king, quickly stepped forward and partially ran out of the room with the papers in hand. Leaving only the King, Erik Frenzel, Leon, Kirtiya and Nox in the room.

The King sighed. He leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes. "So, care to explain how three individuals infiltrated the Royal Academy?"

Erik followed the King and let himself get situated in the seat, though he never let his guard down. He glanced back at Leon waiting for an answer, but to his dismay his son was not the one to speak up.

"Apologies your majesty, but with all due respect we wouldn't be able to explain how this infiltration happened. We can only answer for what we have done to catch the intruders before they could do more harm to our Kingdom." Kirtiya bowed as she spoke.

The King gazed at her. "No? You can't answer why three individuals from another Empire were able to infiltrate an Academy where only the best of students are accepted. Even though those students are trained by the best Professors, the best military personnel?" He slammed his fist on to the desk. A crack formed down the middle.

"How is it that these students, the future of my Empire are clueless enough to let three, three, intruders walk the very same halls they walk every day!"

Kirtiya frowned and lowered her head, "Apologies your Majesty, we were careless."

The King scoffed, "Careless. What a useless word. Go, fetch your Dean. Tell him that tomorrow morning I expect all students to be lined up on the training grounds, servants and guards included."

"Yes, your Majesty." Kirtiya kept her head lowered as she left.

After a moment, Erik gestured for Leon to step forward. "Tell me, what were you doing that led you to discover the intruders?"