Chapter 37 - Dinner

Authors note: You know, I have a lot of stories that are a good 18-30K words in (including one that is completely finished, just not BL), I just never published them because I wanted to get certain stories done (this one took priority). I also have two fanfics on Archive of our Own, should I update them here too? (They are SVSS fanfics). Also just for fun, this is probably going to be two volumes in length, I already know the entire plot of this volume and how its going to end :), but on another note, who is your favorite character so far? And what has been your favorite moment?

If one were to ask Erik Frenzel if a Prince would ever have the honor to eat at his table, he would have laughed in their face, mocking them of their stupidity. Yet, at this moment, he found himself unable to laugh.

He didn't know what his life was thinking, inviting such a guest to their table. If his father was still alive he would surely be beaten black and blue for allowing such a thing to happen. Despite every fiber in his body telling him to get rid of the unwanted man, he could only clench his teeth and try his best to hold in his boiling anger.

The clinking of dishes being placed on the table by the maids and butlers did little to distract him. When Erik caught their curious if not deadly gazes that lingered on the uninvited guest. It did little to soothe his anger, but knowing that even the servants of the Frenzel households hated that man made him more comfortable if not smug.

'If that bastard steps out of line even once, this entire household will be on him in seconds.' The thought alone brought a slightly smug smile to Erik's face. He reached for his wine and took a small swig, trying his best to ignore the situation in front of him. But the more he heard, the more he saw, the more his eyes twitched.

That bastard Prince was sitting at his table. Eating with his family and more specifically talking with his youngest son. No longer was the bastard showing a menacing face or deadly aura, but instead his expression was relaxed and more calm than anyone else at the table. To make matters worse when he spoke he had a small, if not soft, smile on his face.

It was as if everything that had transpired before was all an illusion.

Erik's fingers clenched around his wine glass, causing cracks to spiral up the sides. A hand covering his was the only reminder from his wife that he couldn't cause a scene, at least not now.

He glanced over at his wife who was giving him a meaningful look. Yes, he had to calm down. There was still something good that could come out of this...whatever this was.

Yet, there was still a part of him that understood the severity of this situation. His dear wife only saw part of it. She saw that something was wrong, but she couldn't see it in its entirety. Knowing her she pushed it aside to focus on more important matters, like having their youngest gaining control over the third Prince.

It was a bold and strong move, one that could work in their favor if done right, but as much as he appreciated his wife coming up with such an idea, the chosen person was no longer an option. He would have to pull her to the side later tonight and talk with her. She wouldn't be happy, but once she knows what's really going on, she will gladly follow his orders. After all there are plenty of other princes to choose from.

"Aether, does that thing really need to be at the table while we eat?" His wife calmly asked while cutting up her steak.

Aether stopped mid bit and glanced over at the small dragon in his lap. "...No, but he won't do anything! I promise, so can he stay? Just this once?" Aether's eyes sparkled as he spoke and Erik wanted nothing more than to curse at this new soul occupying his son's body.

He was acting too...cute! As cunning as it was, the monster that sat calmly at his side was being affected more and more and he couldn't let that happen.