Chapter 30 - Mythical and Demonic Beast

Authors note: Once again thank you to everyone who has been reading this story! It means a lot to me! 

The Mythical and Demonic Beast class was situated in the basement of the school. A strange choice for location, but once Aether steeped into the lecture hall, it made sense. The lecture hall was situated so that the students would sit above the center of the room. The tables that circled the entire room were filled to the brim with students who were idly chit chatting amongst each other. Aether's eyes drifted around the room. His eyebrows rose slightly, when he noticed that he didn't recognize anyone in this class.

'Could I actually have a class without any issues?' His eyes narrowed slightly. Although he couldn't see anyone staring at him, he could feel their intense glares. He frowned and gazed down at his hands, 'Maybe not.' He internally sighed.

'Just one class. I just want one normal class.' He silently prayed to whatever entity had sent him here.

The Professor patted Aether on the shoulder, breaking him out of his thoughts. Without a word the Professor led him to a seat in the front row with a sour-faced Leon following closely behind him.

He glanced back at Leon every now and then. Taking note of his posture and the small glares he would give the other students when passing. He couldn't say for sure why Leon had such a sour face on, but after everything that had happened, he could only assume that he was once again in trouble with their father and was taking out his anger with anyone who even glanced in his direction.

"Here, this will be your seat from now on. It has the best views of the creatures." The Professor gestured to the bubble like cages that were floating in the air above a patch of grass. Every now and then they would spin in a circle or dart over to a different side of the small patch of grass they were in. With wide eyes Aether watched as one floated directly in front of him.

'So cool!' Aether's eyes sparkled.

He gazed up at the Professor and gave an excited smile, "Thank you!"

The Professor smiled back, patting him on the shoulder once more before making his way to the middle of the patch of grass.

Aether watched this with wide eyes. 'Is he-No way! He's going to teach with the creatures floating around him! That's so cool!' He could barely stay in his seat, the excitement for what's to come was slowly starting to get the better of him.

The Professor clapped his hands together, immediately silencing any conversations. "Now, I know that class is almost over, but we still have time for a small demonstration." Despite speaking normally, the Professor's voice boomed throughout the hall.

'A demonstration?' Aether's eyes sparkled. His hands clenched the desk in front of him and he scooted in his seat until his stomach was being stopped by the immovable desk. He didn't think he would get to see a mythical creature so soon.

Leon watched Aether from the side with a dissatisfied pout. He let out a small huff of annoyance.

"Now I know that a few of you are thinking about making a contract with one of these creatures." He chuckled at the end, probably knowing how useless their attempts were. Despite that, a few students immediately raised their hands. The Professor raised an eyebrow at their enthusiasm.

"Today I have a Relantu who is showing promise to make a contract. Who would like to volunteer."

The Professor flicked his wrist and one of the bubbles flew to his side, growing in size as it did so. A creature that resembled a bunny, but was four times its size jumped around in the bubble-like cage. Its eyes were a bright red and it had four horns coming out of its head. Its fur, though soft looking, was burning with fire.