Chapter 21

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

                                      Hard to say goodbye,

                                   but I can't run

When Jungkook returned from his friend's apartment, he reflected on the day and his confession, sighing deeply as he strolled to the waiting elevator

When Jungkook returned from his friend's apartment, he reflected on the day and his confession, sighing deeply as he strolled to the waiting elevator. Unbeknownst to him, his presence intrigued the guests in the lobby, igniting female interest. Some hotel staff blushed shamelessly at his charisma while Jungkook shook his head at their open admiration.

Recalling moments with Sullia and the protective glares she would give to girls eyeing him, he felt emotionally drained. Yearning for a refreshing shower and longing to speak with his mum, Sullia, and Eunjin before retiring early, he anticipated leaving for his grandma's villa in Marseilles soon. With thriving business deals and increased client interest in Jeon Shipping, he was proud of elevating the company's status.

Glancing at his watch near 6 p.m., a notification from Nam-ra, his grandmother's PA, reminded him about their scheduled dinner, emphasizing that no excuses would be accepted. He sighed, acknowledging his grandmother's high-maintenance nature, indifferent to his busy schedule.

Despite his grandmother's fierce exterior and loving heart, she vehemently opposed Sullia, believing in a different match for him. Jungkook chuckled at his reflection in the elevator mirror, convinced love's overrated. Committed to his contract marriage with Sullia and prioritizing his company's success, he believed in finding contentment without romantic entanglements.

Thinking about his parents' arranged marriage, where affection seemed absent but resulted in three kids, he wondered if it was due to his father's pressure from an overbearing grandfather.

Notifying Nam-ra of his imminent arrival, Jungkook aimed to freshen up before his grandmother fetched him for dinner, smiling softly as he stepped into his hallway.

Jenna Pov.

Your stomach churned with nerves as you stepped in front of the presidential suite again. After your intense conversation, returning to her presence wasn't something you eagerly anticipated. Despite your reluctance, you were invited to dinner in her suite, an invitation you couldn't decline.