C H A P T E R | T H I R T Y

Start from the beginning

I simply give him my most typical response since I can't just tell him, "Oh, it's not like a voice in my head commanded me to do that and I was unable to resist being affected by it."

In addition, he expressed his desire to have a meeting with me prior to the pureblood celebration and gala. I mean, unless the severity of my punishment this time prevented me from leaving, I could definitely make something up to get away for a little bit. I'm also not allowed to let my uncle know that I'll be seeing Regulus. That discussion might go in any possible direction.

Marriage, for instance. I truly aren't fond of it and would prefer to stay away from it as much as possible.

Godric, returning to my uncle once more. I promise that he may simply pass away, and I would be glad to attend the ball to commemorate that. I made an effort to push my pessimistic thoughts aside and at last pay attention to what my friends were saying.

James joyfully called out to Sirius, who was wearing a frown, "Oh, come on, Padfoot! A little skiing wouldn't kill."

"Last time we did something like that, I broke an arm and a leg!" scoffed Sirius.

That made me almost burst into laughter. How poor is he at winter sports to be in an incident in that degree of injuries?! He must not really like any kind of those if he is not budging at James' pleas.

I nearly fell out laughing at that. What a mess of a snow sportsman is he to be involved in an incident with those kinds of injuries? If he is not giving in to James's entreaties, then he must not actually like any form of them.

Sirius clung to Remus and cried out, "Moony! Save me from this savage!"

Remus, in the meantime, sent him a scornful glance and returned to talking with Peter about the goodies they would have to sample throughout the Christmas season. Despite being severely upset, Sirius still holds onto him.

At that, I grinned. Sirius Black, what is that behavior you're displaying?

James grabbed me from the side and said, "Cazh, you're doing that again where you appear like you're plotting a murder while in a disoriented look." It stopped me in my inner monologues.

I said, "I was planning to push Sirius off a cliff if that skiing trip happened," which is only partially true because I might be able to get away with it, but doing so will only bring me more punishment when I return the house. In reality, though, I was really thinking of pushing him when I had the chance just to feel like I was able to.

As Remus eventually gave him a blow to the back of his skull for tossing him excessively, Sirius said, "Hey! Don't gang up on me, you two! Moony, help! They're both planning my death!"

"I would be watching it unfold," Remus said while rolling his eyes.

Peter threw me a quick high five, which I cheekily returned, "Sorry, Sirius. I don't have any skill in balancing myself. It's safe to say that we both would probably die together if I helped you."

"Bullocks! Everyone is against me!" Sirius cries while the rest of us continue to chuckle or go about our daily activities.

With anticipation, James asks, "Does that mean you'll go with us if there's a Christmas trip?" I couldn't help but be in awe of his lovely nature.