C H A P T E R | T H I R T Y

← | ↓

|30|

C A Z H V Y R E

THERE WAS NO WAY THE TRAIN RIDE COULD ARRIVE ANY SLOWER than I was prepared for. This, in my opinion, is the slowest point in the journey from the realm of enchantment to the life of reality. While the train travel home would be filled with recollections of what we had learnt and missed Hogwarts, the train ride in summertime was the time when you would start the year with memories from your summer and excitement of new discoveries. However, some would simply believe that returning to this train would mean suffering for an additional year and that returning home would be the highlight of their lives.

I fit into none of those categories.

Though the loneliness clings to me like knives, waiting for them to reassure me from pain and the boredom I bring from not having a life outside of Hogwarts, I do not fear the journey to Hogwarts for another year. More than a handful of my previous encounters in Muggleworld, it was my getaway. It was my brief opportunity to breathe, to take in some fresh air, and to spend some alone time. The ride home, though, was the worst. It's not even close to becoming a home. Since my brother left me and my parents passed away, it has never been my home.

This time, I knew I was anticipating a more...aggravated reaction from that guy.

Sanderfell Ravens.

That disgusting git of an uncle.

In our family, it's claimed that a guy born into conceivable requirements or high potential of magic ought to have his name begin with the letter S, as my brother Skylerence Nère Ravens did. In the meantime, a girl with a name beginning with D, like my mother Diana Fye Ravens, would likewise have a reputation to maintain. I am Cazhvyre Rène Ravens, given that my father's side was overjoyed to give his kids any name, even if they didn't adhere to those customs.

I was at least able to get away with that kind of stuff in their family. On my mother's side, there was considerably fewer cruelty yet more pureblooded coding. They were relying more on controlling oneself. But all I know is that we are the only remaining Raven descendants, along with my uncle's children and those of his sister.

Yes, my father inherited my mother's last name as his own. I'm not entirely sure how it all went down, but I suppose it was one custom my father had to comply with. Even now, when they were still living, I could not recall ever hearing his last name spoken in any of the conversation.

Recalling my terrifying background, I would be seeing my uncle in a matter of minutes. I wish the deamentors were approaching or something else would cause this train to stop. I also wish it could move more slowly. I promptly thought of it when I recalled my previous vision.

I wonder if that would also happen during our last game next year against Slytherin. I would be facing off with Regulus.

Regulus Black.

My secret friend, perhaps. It really depends on his mood at times, but I do treat him like a friend.

He walked up to me yesterday following the events in the Great Hall and inquired about my well-being, observing that I was seldom that tense during an argument. Naturally, I pretended to be fine, but inside, I was a little furious because I had been holding everything within. That's when it finally came out.