C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - T W O

← | ↓

|22|

C A Z H V Y R E

THE INSTANT I HAD SEEN THE MOVING STAIRCASE, I was already dreading returning to the dorms. Is it better if I avoid my friends for the time being? I'm sure there will be questioning and even a lot of worried looks, which I simply can not afford right now. I was already contemplating accepting my fate in the Hospital Wing, knowing that Madam Pomfrey would very certainly allow me to remain there without guests until tomorrow.

I may utilize that time to clear my head of all the distracting notions and allow myself to rest because I am not only emotionally but also physically drained. But there is a side of me that does not want to go since it will be another lecture from Poppy, and I've had my fill of that from Professor Luthox.

That sassy jackass just handed me another training regimen, and there's a high likelihood it'll be more hands-on and challenging than merely attempting to find out more about my gift-curse or whatever you want to call it.

"A-Are you going to enter, Ms. Ravens?" Our dormitory's portrait was the one that pulled me out of my reverie. She questioned me with caution like she was concerned about my reaction. She is, of course, more cautious now. The conflict was likely passed down from portrait to portrait.

"If you don't mind, please let me in," I gently pleaded. Despite my gloomy mood, I have no desire to vent it to anybody or anything. It's awful enough that I created a ruckus.

She eventually opens the door...to hell...with a nod. I'm referring to the common room of Gryffindor.

As soon as I walk through the door, heads turn to look at me, and some of those bulgy eyes are from my group of friends.

"Cazh!" 

"Oh my Godric! Are you alright?"

"Who are we going to beat up?!"

Diverse voices pierce both ears as well as my brain with various contexts on their comments. I was feeling dizzy, and I hadn't even begun to explain what had happened earlier.

"Can you spare her a chance to breathe? You're all suffocating her with inquiries while she looks like she needs a nap," Remus said, as he was the one who first observed my displeasure with how they approached me.

Lupin is to be thanked! I assumed I would have to deal with it, but my friends quickly realized their mistake and allowed me to begin planning how I would handle the situation.

Before we started, I made sure no one was listening by giving my renowned look to the students who were still standing around expecting anything to happen. They ran away as soon as they could, not wanting to be subjected to my fury.

"It was nothing. We just got into a fight over a misunderstanding, and I'm pretty sure we're not in the right mood, location, or time to deal with our frustrations with each other," I said as clearly as I could. I know I can rely on my friends, but since this is a topic that involves more than just myself, I can't just tell anyone about it.

I'm also not in the position to talk about my past at the moment.

"But it was such a massive fight. It was terrible," Mary added, shivering as she replayed the incident in her memory.