C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - E I G H T

← | ↓

|28|

C A Z H V Y R E

I WAS ONLY ABLE TO FOCUS ON THE VISION that occurred during the game. That was a unique way of giving me a glimpse; it was as if I was simultaneously existing in two realities, with the others seeing myself through the game I was currently playing and also experiencing the whole vision thing.

"Come on, folks! It's on the house! Let's rejoice! One more victory and the Quidditch Cup is ours!" Sirius cried at the midst of the chaos—the celebratory party after another triumph. To determine who will claim the Quidditch Cup, we only need to know who we will face off against in the battle between Slytherin and Hufflepuff.

All of that will transpire the following year.

"Gryffindor! Gryffindor! Gryffindor! Ou! Ou! Ou!"

My focus was still on the current problem at hand, even though everyone was raving hysterically.

That freaking vision.

I haven't had the opportunity to discuss this kind of inkling with Theo or Professor Luthox. I had a brief conversation with Theo while he congratulated our team, but I was unable to speak with him in private.

Sirius may have been the person in charge of the party, but I was the key to success in the game. They won't let me escape, of course. Practically, the party was for us as well. James is too ecstatic to allow him to fret about anything else. Besides, nothing else has occurred.

I did say that, but once I got a look outside again, all I could still see was the ashes of black snow mocking this reality I am currently celebrating.

"For the new seeker that brought us victory!" Of course, Sirius wouldn't let his speech pass by without mentioning me.

Wood began to chant, "Ravens! Ravens! Ravens!" and everyone else joined in. The others followed for the sake of Gryffindor's honor despite their animosity of my reputation and the Prewetts' contempt for me.

I simply raise my glass as they all shout in happiness again and get back to their business. As you can tell, being in the spotlight or at a party isn't my thing. It never was and never will be a thing.

"Cazh! Godric, you were bloody amazing out there! It was wicked! Brilliant!" James did not halt in his praise for me as he dared to wrap me in his arms and twirl again like a little kid. The others watch us as they all laugh at his goofiness.

This boy, honestly. I can not help but grin at him simply because he was never ashamed or timid while talking with other people about us or me.

As James puts me down, Lily pats my back and says, "You did great out there, Cazh. It was almost impossible to even know I was witnessing it happen." The others praise me whilst giving me warm embraces.

Marlene confidently continued, attempting to kiss my cheeks but failing due to James safeguarding me from her, "Well, I knew Cazh is something else but I could fucking get on with her right there if it weren't for Potter."

"Bugger off, Potter, while granting me a piece of her," said Marlene.

"Never within your wildest dreams, McKinnon, will I permit you to take my Cazh."