11. Smoked Out Stupid

Start from the beginning

"Fuck if I know. That's just Vixen." He waves him off, looking at the girl rolling her hips on his lap, touching.

"Well shit Vixen, why you don't do that for me?"

"Cause you get what you pay for and I don't like touching bad boys..." I explain in my seductive tone just as the song ends. I watch him reach out to give me my payment but this time I don't move away when he lingers his fingers on my hip too long.

"You can let me know if that changes..." He brushes the bill across my pantie line and slips the bill in from the front over my crotch before patting it in place. I hate that sly shit.

"Mhm." I hum and turn to take the pole, switching with the other girls. I move between doing more lap dances and pole dances feeling Shawnee's stare on the side of my head the whole time. She doesn't directly look at me but I feel it in my brain that she's mentally watching.

It's one thing for us to occasionally talk about sex, and encounters we've had with others. It's another thing for us to sometimes send each other teasing pictures or videos of us with someone else to make each other jealous or make jokes. But it's a whole nother thing for us to be in a room together, with her having to watch me flirt with another person - half naked at that.

Even if this wasn't work related, we don't do that. We don't flaunt at each other, especially in each other's presence, because there's no need. There's no fight for respect or dominance between us. She knows I love her and I know she loves me. But, her watching me work the pole for her gang members, people she has to see almost everyday, yeah... This bothers us both.

...
"We going to the club to pick up some bitches, you in Shawnee?" Dre asks, handing her another beer. She puts her hand up and shakes her head.

"Nope. She's off so I'm taking her home." Shawnee points to me and stands up, following me out of the room. The group waves her off before the door closes so they can spend the rest of their reserved time there in privacy.

Shawnee follows me into the changing room in silence, not even saying a word to the security who tries to make her turn around. I stop them, grab her hand, and show she's with me before going in the room and sitting her on one of the seats. She just scrolls through her phone as I change and wash my face, only a few of the newer co-workers asking who she is as they pass. Anyone who's been here for over a year already knows she's with my best friend but she hasn't been here to take me home after a shift in a while.

"Where you going?" I ask when I see her heading the opposite way from the train.

"Dre giving me his spare car for a while." She answers, taking my hand and interlocking our fingers.

"What you had to do for it?" She laughs at my question but doesn't answer. We get to the car and she opens the door for me before getting into the driver's seat herself. The minutes pass in silence on the way to our place. Unfortunately, we have a long ride ahead of us. The upcoming Thanksgiving parade, making it harder to get through some streets as we pass through Manhattan back to our side of the Bronx which isn't too far- just a lot of traffic over the bridge.

"How was work today?" I try to fill the silence. Shawnee hums for a few seconds before shrugging, "It was coo.." I nod at her words but my heart sinks a bit. She's always putting on a front for people but I don't like that when we're alone.

"You mad at me?" I ask only to receive no reply. "You know it's work Shawnee, I'm sorry you had to see it but you knew I was working today. You could've told them not to request me or whatever..." I try to defend myself. I didn't do anything wrong but I feel awkward and guilty.

"I know. I'm not mad." Shawnee says before turning on the radio just a little. I sigh and shake my head.

"Shawnee, stop it. You making me feel like a slut or somethi-"

"Don't say that. You did nothing wrong. I just-" she sighs and takes my hand, keeping her eyes on the dark road ahead of us. "My friends had to see you damn near naked."

"But they not even your friends Shawnee."

"I can still feel some time of way about it." She frowns.

"I know..."

"You hungry?" She changes the subject. "I know you went from the restaurant straight to Tesiree. Probably only had something small. So let me ask again: You hungry?" Her hand keeps a tight hold on mine.

"Yeah." I tell her in response. She's right. I haven't eaten much today so I'm starving and I got to work at Boomin Rest at noon-opening tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a lot of sleep tonight and can't cook anything. "-Thank you.." I mumble, watching her make a u-turn to go to the 24-hour bodega we just passed.

"No need baby, you make sure I'm fed, Ima do the same." She double parks and locks the door as she goes inside without me. When she comes back from the bodega about ten minutes later, I start smiling, the familiar scent of my go-to hitting my nose. She gives me two big ass bags and starts up the car.

"What's up? Not eating now?" She asks, nudging my arm.

"Uhn-uhn, I wanna smoke. So when we get home." I tell her, looking in the bag for what else she got, because knowing Shawnee- she definitely got more than just sandwiches. "Shaw-"

"Don't." She cuts me off, laughing.

Inside one bag are our drinks, sandwiches and the chips we eat them with, which is normal- Actually, not normal. It's extremely delicious but that's not the point. The problem is the second bag is full of candy and snacks that she should not be having. She had to have spent at least twenty or thirty dollars on this bag alone.

"Baby you gon get silver teeth."

"Leave me lone girl. How I'm supposed to have something sweet if we aint got shit sweet at home." She says as we get closer to our place.

"You don't have to have something sweet after every meal Shawnee. That shit gonna put you in a coma." I laugh. She slaps my thigh and I flinch. "Ow damn! The fuck you did that for?" I rub the skin over my jeans.

"Cause you acting like you not bout to eat half this shit. You always looking for dessert too, wit yo sexy ass."

It takes about ten minutes for Shawnee to find overnight parking that's, fortunately, not too far from the apartment complex. I take the quickest shower in the world with Shawnee's delicate help. She gives me one of her pre rolled blunts and I light it up, sitting on the couch.

A few minutes later, I'm a little more calm but the longer I sit, the more I find myself staring at my best friend's figure. I already got a good look in the shower but her underwear is this funny ass tweety bird set I bought her on her birthday. My laugh slips out when I see the tweety bird face on her dick.

"What you laughing for Tree?" She looks at me skeptically.

"Nothingggg.." I smile. She makes me mad just how good she looks in everything. "Whatever Trina," she says, cracking open her raspberry iced tea Arizona and taking a big sip. 

"You want some?" I ask, holding out the blunt. She cocks her head to the side, doing that sexy thing she does where her locs fall over her shoulder.

"Maybe not, you know I get horny when I'm comfortable wit it." She leans back, already snacking on some nerd clusters before even eating the sandwiches. I get up and end up sitting in her lap, sideways.

"I don't know Shawnee.. Seems like you need to relax some..." I rub put my arm around her shoulder for support as she wraps her arms around my waist. I take a pull of the weed and hold it while holding the blunt out for her.

"Then you ready to accept the consequences mama?" she mumbles, quietly and smoothly, my clit throbs in response. That's a rare one, she knows it gets me going. I slowly blow the smoke out, nodding. She smirks before using my hand to place the blunt at her lips, not wanting to take it from me.

I end up smoked out, full stomached, and fucked stupid before she lets me go to sleep. Worth it.