8. Stickler For More

[TW: Abusive parent]
Trina's POV

"TRINA!! Get your bitch ass out here!" I hear my mothers screaming voice.

I immediately jump off the floor of the storage closet. I was trying to do homework because the teacher said I'm going to get left back if I don't hand it in anymore. But I don't want to be left back because I want to stay in class with Shawnee. She just started being a girl and people are going to be mean to her if I don't help her defend herself.

"Yes mommy?" I ask, approaching the side of the apartment she was screaming from.

"Didn't I tell you to clean these dirty fucking dishes before I got home?!" Her usual angry eyes peer down at me. I jump and nod.

"I did do it." I quickly respond, making sure not to look at her in the face anymore or she'll think I'm being disrespectful.

"Then what the fuck is that in the sink? Huh?" She snarls. I walk to the sink and look inside to see a spoon that wasn't there before.

"It wasn't ther-"

"Oh! So you soooo big you can talk back?" She cuts me off and I immediately shut up, shaking my head. "Come on Trina. Speak again. Let me hear that smart ass mouth." She bends down and grabs my cheeks to make me face her.

Once again, I keep quiet, completely terrified.

"Where the fuck were you then? With your adventurous ass? What was so important you can't listen to your mother?" She asks and I hesitate before telling the truth.

"In my room, doing homework." I explain.

She lets out a loud condescending laugh and reaches one hand back before slapping me right across my face. I fall to the floor, covering my mouth so I don't scream.

"You think you so fucking smart huh? That you can do big things if you finish school or some stupid shit? You're dumbass is BARELY TEN! You're NOT DOING SHIT." She screams at me and I nod quickly, still covering my mouth when she grabs me back my hair and lifts me up.

I hardly hold in my whine of pain. It hurts!

"Get me that dumb ass paper!" She lets me go and I run to the storage closet, where my blanket and pillow lays on the floor, before grabbing my homework paper and running back to her.

"Teacher said I hav-" she slaps me again.

"Shut the fuck up! Not destined for shit! Can't wait til you get old enough to kick out without it coming back to me. Shit." She grumbles and rips my paper before tossing it on the floor. "And you better clean that shit up too." She says before walking away, still in her uniform from work.

I quickly get to cleaning and toss away everything mom told me to do. When I'm done, I hear a soft knock on the door that was in rhythm of how my best friend in the entire world makes her presence known. My heart warms up in happiness.

I carefully creak open the door and Shawnee gives me a sandwich and a kiss on the cheek before running away back to her apartment downstairs. When I close the door, I quickly run back to my room and hide under my blanket, quietly eating and wishing I was with Shawnee.

Sometimes she lets me stay with her at night time so I don't have to see mommy or her boyfriend but it's a secret from her mommy too. I don't want to get in trouble and don't want to get Shawnee in trouble too.

I love her so much. When I get big, I'm going to run away with her.

~~~~~