CHAPTER TEN: 1950'S DANCE

Start from the beginning

"It's for emergencies." Aurelia explains as she gives her boyfriend another scolding look.

"It was an emergency." Theo argues

"How?" Aurelia asks in disbelief.

"It's been way too long since I last saw you." Theo explains seriously.

"Aww." Caroline gushes. The trio begin walking out of the room and down the stairs.

"Don't encourage him," Aurelia says to Caroline. "You saw me last night." She  says, turning to Theo.

"Like I said, too long." Theo tells her as he opens the door for the two girls. Aurelia shakes her head but doesn't argue with him any further. They get to the car and Theo once again opens the car doors for Caroline and Aurelia respectively before walking around the car to get into the driver's side.

"Have I told you how absolutely ravishing you look tonight?" Theo asks Aurelia, looking over at her.

"Not yet, no." Aurelia answers, biting her lip.

"Well, you look absolutely ravishing tonight. Truly radiant." Theo responds, starting the car.

"Thank you, my love." Aurelia tells him with a bashful smile.

"Only stating the obvious, my dove." Theo says. Aurelia giggles at his remark. Caroline clears her throat and looks at him expectantly.

"Oh, uh, you look good to Caroline." Theo says, like it was an afterthought to tease her.

"Good? GOOD?" Caroline asks incredulously. "I did not spend three hours getting ready for 'good.' I look more than good. I look gorgeous."

"Yes you do." Aurelia agrees.

"As long as you think so, Care." Theo comments causing Caroline to scoff in indignation and Aurelia to smack him in the shoulder. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm sorry." Caroline huffs in response, crossing her arms and looking out the window. "Would you stop hitting me, woman!" Theo says to Aurelia who stops her assault. "Care, you look very pretty tonight." he tells Caroline, honestly.

"I know." Caroline says in response. Aurelia chuckles and Theo rolls his eyes.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

Bonnie, Caroline, and Aurelia are dancing and Theo is standing nearby watching while sipping on his spiked punch that tastes absolutely disgusting. He cringes at the taste, shrugging before taking another sip. he cringes once more. Sometimes, he questions his choices. The girls move to the side of the dance floor where Theo is as Damon begins to approach them.

"Hey Bonnie," Damon drawls as he approaches. "Wanna dance?" Bonnie gives him a glare.

"I'm out of here." Bonnie says before walking away. Damon intercepts her.

"Please give me another chance," Damon says. Bonnie just gives him another glare and walks away.

"Back off, Damon," Caroline tells him. Theo is impressed and Aurelia looks proud. She knows that Damon is a volatile vampire with murderous tendencies and still finds the strength to stand up to him. The three of them walk away. Aurelia gives Damon a mocking wave and Theo gives him a sarcastic smile before they follow Caroline.

Once they are far enough away from Damon, Caroline dismisses herself to go find Bonnie and Theo asks Aurelia for a dance. He leads her to the dance floor and pulls her into his embrace as they slow dance.

"Think we'll see any action tonight?" Aurelia asks him.

"Action? Maybe." Theo responds. They dance for a little while before Theo gets bored and they decide to go find Caroline.