𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘 𝑻𝒐 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Yeah." The boy nodded uncertainly, trying to regain his composure and do what was required of him. The Black Dahlia straighten up behind him, reminding herself that the rebels were not above fabricating lies. "The attack on the dam was a callous and inhuman act of destruction--"

The audio was replaced with Katniss' song once more, the footage focusing on the Mockingjay stepping through the rubble of District Twelve. Peeta leaned forward in his seat, gaze fixated on the camera as if he were speaking directly to Katniss. Caesar and the peacekeepers glanced at the Black Dahlia for answers on what to do, but the girl was frozen in place. She didn't know what was real anymore.

"Think about it." Peeta murmured solemnly, the peacekeepers shuffling nervously as the boy went completely off-script. "How will this end? What will be left? No one can survive this. No one is safe now. Not here in the Capitol. Not in any of the districts." His voice grew louder the longer his speech went on, his voice trembling even more as he struggled to maintain his sobs. Then his face grew serious and his eyes widened at what he was about to do. He was in for a whole new world of pain if he went through with it. But he did it anyway. "They're coming, Katniss. They're gonna kill everyone. And in District Thirteen you'll be dead by morning."

Then Peeta Mellark and the Black Dahlia were seized by peacekeepers, and the screen went blank.

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

The onslaught of Capitol bombs on the surface of District Thirteen showed no sign of ceasing and many citizens, huddled safely in the bunker, settled down for a very disturbed sleep. While much of the inhabitants had family or friends around them to offer comfort through the difficult night, Finnick Odair sat alone. Very few of the people he loved were actually alive, never mind hiding out in District Thirteen with him. He was an outcast, completely alone in the world, though he had grown familiar with this constant feeling of loneliness ever since he lost Dahlia to the Capitol. Without her, he was lost.

Curling his body onto the uncomfortably thin mattress, his hand reached up to clutch the one piece of Dahlia he had left. The golden dahlia necklace that had first belonged to Cove. Of course, he remembered the girl's token well. He was the one to acquire it after all. Back then he'd never imagine that it would be the only thing he could cling to in his darkest hour. How young and innocent they'd once been.

He hadn't removed the piece of jewellery from his neck since the moment he put it on before the Quarter Quell. Possessing two tokens was strictly against the rules, but there was no way he would be leaving that part of Dahlia behind. Not even for the purpose of the Alliance. If he had been caught sneaking two in, he would've chosen the necklace every time. Mockingjay and Rebellion be damned! His little flower was more important than anything.

Finnick only wished his little flower was here with him, safely nestled in his arms with a dreamy smile on her face. She'd squeeze his hand three times to remind him that he was loved, she'd run her fingers through his hair to soothe his racing thoughts, she'd rest her head on his chest to fall asleep by his side. If he shut his eyes tight enough, he could almost hear her laughter singing in his ear. He could've drifted off to sleep with that melody in his ears. Unfortunately his moment of peace was interrupted.

"Hey." Katniss greeted him in a hushed voice, making the boy glance up in shock. He hadn't expected her to approach him, knowing she would prefer to stay with her own family. But Katniss was really the only person Finnick had there in District Thirteen. "Can I sit?"

"Yeah." He responded quickly, glad for any kind of company in the dingy bunker. Sitting upright, he shuffled along the bed to make space for Katniss, who perched herself on the mattress next to him.

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑫𝑨𝑯𝑳𝑰𝑨, 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒊𝒓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें